Chapter 38

Chapter 38 If you don't apologize, I won't let you go...

    Once the seed of doubt is planted, it bears many fruits called guesswork.

    Lin Mengqiu began to pay attention to Shen Che's whereabouts. After inquiring, she found out that Concubine Shu's case had already been solved, and Concubine Hui was thrown into limbo. Empress Cao went to plead with His Majesty, knelt down for an hour and even fell ill.

    There was a lot of noise about this matter, and there was a lot of commotion some time ago, and everyone in the capital knew about it, but she, the second idiot, hid in her room every day to recuperate and didn't know anything, and was still worried about whether Shen Che's investigation would be dangerous.

    Now that the case has been solved, there is no reason for Shen Che to leave early and return late to enter the palace every day. The only explanation is that he is avoiding her.

    Lin Mengqiu didn't understand, weren't the two of them still fine the day before? Why are you avoiding her all of a sudden?

    Did something happen that she didn't know about?

    Lin Mengqiu couldn't figure out the reason, so he decided to ask him face to face instead of guessing here and there.

    However, the plan is very perfect, but it encountered a little difficulty in this step of implementation.

    The time when Shen Che returned home was very erratic. Basically, he would come back late at night, and left before dawn the next day. Lin Mengqiu stayed up for two nights, and prepared a table full of refreshing tea, let alone squatting. No, I didn't even see a shadow.

    She had no choice but to ask Ah Si instead, but she didn't expect that Ah Si's mouth was also very tight.

    "Don't embarrass the little concubine, not to mention that the servants don't know the whereabouts of the son, even if they know, they don't dare to talk

    nonsense." When Ah Si just followed Shen Che, he suffered a lot because of his sloppy mouth. Since then, even the princes and concubines dare not reveal a word when they ask him.

    In fact, he couldn't understand his master's thoughts. He had moved back to the main house some time ago, so he ran back to the study in a good manner. Not to mention seeing him smile, he was even colder and silent than before.

    Recently, His Majesty has no cases to explain, but he unexpectedly took the initiative to go to Dali Temple to take up many important cases, all of which are difficult to write.

    He is also merciless in arresting and interrogating people. The most important thing is that he is not only ruthless to others, but even more ruthless to himself. He didn't touch the meal from morning till night.

    Liang Shaoqing from Dali Temple saw Shi Zi recently, as if Ba Liang saw a fleshy bone, his eyes lit up, and he couldn't wait to hug his thigh.

    Only Ah Si was very worried about his state, especially that day would be two days away. In previous years, the crown prince would go out of order on that day. He originally thought that with the presence of the crown prince this year, it might be different.

    Now it seems that it will be worse.

    Lin Mengqiu didn't get the answer she wanted, and lowered her eyes a little bit disappointed, but she could understand Ah Si, and even thought that he did a good job, so she naturally hoped that her husband's subordinates would be loyal to him.

    "Thank you, Ah Si, for telling the truth, I have made things difficult for others..." Lin Mengqiu thanked, and planned to leave.

    Unexpectedly, Ah Si suddenly shook his head and said to himself: "Oh, I think it's time to apply medicine again in the future. I have to prepare in advance, or I will be punished again.