Telling Peko

Fuyuhikos pov

"Are you serious?" Peko was normally a calm and level headed girl but after I explained everything that happened to me and kazuichi she was understandably freaked.

"I wouldn't joke about this" I said gravely. This whole situation is fucked. I'd give anything for this to just be a joke.

"How could you be so irresponsible" peko exploded. I can't remember the last time she yelled at me but I understand. I fucked up.

"I know I'm sorry" I took a deep breath "what's done is done. What matters now is protecting kazuichi"

"Of course" she nodded "where is kazuichi anyway"

"He's hiding in the bathroom. He's understandably scared after his nearly kidnapping"

She nodded "let me talk to him" I nodded and we headed to the boys bathroom.

Peko knocked politely on the stall "kazuichi are you alright in there?"

"No!" We heard him yell from behind the stall "leave me alone!"

"Kazuichi I understand you're scared but you don't have to be. I promise I won't let anything happened to the future of the kuzuryu clan" pekos words must have gotten through to him cause he peaked his head through the door. His eyes were large and doe like.

"Hey there's my boy" I smiled at him "are you doing ok kid"

"I'm scared" he started to tear up.

"I know buddy but we're right here. Nothing bad will happen to you here and even if it did we'll protect you"

"You promise" he looked so vulnerable at that moment. All I wanted to do was protect him.

"Of course. I'm going to keep you safe no matter what" I held my hand out to him.

He shakily took it. Peko took his spare hand and we gently led him out of the bathroom. We looked at each other and made a silent promise to protect kazuichi and the baby no matter what.