An Abandoned World

Kazuhikos pov

We stared in disbelief. The two of us were just walking around aimlessly when our eyes landed on the second island, with no monobeast guarding it!

"So the second island is free from the monobeast guarding it" I muttered wearily. I don't trust it.

"Looks like it" kichi grinned mischievously "let's explore"

"Wait!" I grabbed her arm "we shouldn't just rush in. It could be dangerous"

"Aren't yakusas supposed to eat danger for breakfast? Come on quit being such a pussy!"

"I'm not a pussy!" My face flushed red.

"Prove it then" she got out of my grip and ran on ahead. I sighed as I followed her. I didn't have a choice. My pride is on the line!

*Time skip*

We walked around what looked to be an abandoned island. Buildings were close to crumbling and much like our island it was uninhabited.

"This place looks like it's been abandoned for years" I muttered.

"It most likely has, considering this is the place your parents killing game took place" kichi pointed out.

I did a double take "how did you know that?"

She laughed nervously, as if she had just been caught in a lie "I might have snuck into naokos cottage. I was suspicious of her and unlike some people I don't immediately just to murder"

I shook my head "that's not a normal thing to do. How on earth did you end up like this!"

"Well my mom is a magician who thinks her magic tricks are real and my dad is a pathological liar" she said thoughtfully.

"Well that explains it" I sighed.

"Still whenever me or my little brother need advice or simply to hear the words I love you, they give it up without a fight. So I think that makes them good parents" she smiled softly.

"I guess all parents are different" I patted her head. She pushed my hand away with a glare.

"Don't treat me like a kid!" She pouted "anyway let's go get the others. If we clean this place us we might find some clues!"

"Good idea" I nodded as I followed her back to the main island. I thought back to my own parents who were waiting back at home for me.

I hope they're ok.