A Killing Game

Kazuhikos pov

We made our way to the beach where we met with everyone else.

"So what's the deal?" Taru ran a hand through his hair "I have animals to tend to. I don't have time for this!"

"Aren't you a little concerned that we were clearly kidnapped" naoko raised an eyebrow.

"Not particularly" he shrugged.

"Puhuhuhu you will be" we spun around to see what looked to be...

"A teddy bear?" Aiyas eyes lit up.

"No I'm not a- why does everyone say that" he stomped his foot in frustration.

"Yes. Clearly with his small size he's more akin to a tanoki" taru muttered.

"No wizeguy I'm monokuma!" He yelled "gah I hate you kids! I'm definitely looking forward to watching you all drop like flies!"

"Aren't you exaggerating a bit?" Mia laughed nervously.

"Not at all my dear" I swore I saw an evil glint in his button eye "from here on out you kids will be following in your parents footsteps and take part in your very own killing game!"

There were frightened murmurs among our classmates. Most kids would assume this was some sick joke but we weren't normal kids. We grew up with ghost stories of the killing game so this threat felt all the more real.

"You have the power kazuhiko. So promise me you'll protect those who are weak"

My mother's words came to me at that moment. I thought it was stupid at the time, I mean what kind of yakusa protects people! But now I understand. It's my job to protect my classmates. No one else can.

So I jumped on the stage monokuma was standing on and pointed a gun at his furry temple "let us go" I demanded.

Monokuma barely flinched "that's a very rude way to speak to your headmaster"

"I don't accept you as my headmaster" I glared at him "let us go!"

He didn't respond. Instead he just started beeping. I raised an eyebrow. What's going on-

"Kazuhiko get out of the way!" Pekoya screamed.

"But why-"

"Stubborn idiot!" Kaizan grumbled as he grabbed his knife and threw it at monokuma, pinning him to a tree. As soon as he did...

*Boom*

The bear exploded, taking out a chuck of land with him. I stared in disbelief. That could have been me.

"You idiot!" Pekoya grabbed me and shook me by the collar "what were you thinking! You could have gotten yourself killed!" Tears hung from her eyelids.

I sighed as I gently wiped them away "I'm fine pekoya, I promise"

"Damn and that was my favourite knife too" Kaizan sighed.

"Sorry man. I promise to buy you a new one once we get off this island" I muttered guiltily.

"Alright, I'll hold you to that" he winked at me "on the plus side at least that freaky bear is gone-"

Suddenly the monitor switched on. Once it properly came into view we gasped.

It's him!

"What did you think I was dead?" he asked mockingly "sorry kids, life is full of disappointment! I'm sure you all know the rules of the killing game so I won't bore you with the details. Just know it all starts tomorrow. Good luck"

With that it shut off, leaving up alone with our thoughts.