a stronger girl

Kazuhikos pov

I watched helplessly as taru was dragged away. We ran to the window to watch his final moments. He stood there, armed with nothing but the weapon he killed token with as he faced off against a shredder. He tried to stand his ground but at the last minute he panicked and fled but it was too late. He was shredded to pieces.

"Gah!" I woke up in a cold sweat. It was all a dream except it wasn't. Two more of our friends were killed and that's no nightmare.

I forced myself out of bed. No good will come from laying about! So I dragged my feet to the dining hall. What I wasn't expecting to see was...

"We gotta start working together. Nothing will get down if we keep waiting around for someone else to do it!" Kichi trying to rally us together!

"You guys are too coweredly! You have to start acting like the awesome adolescence  we are!"

"Ok who are you and what have you done with the real kichi" I said teasingly.

"Nothing" she got down from the table "it's just.. well as embarrassing as this is to admit seeing taru and token sacrifice so much for us changed something in me. I figured I should stop being so lazy. No one else is going to save me"

"Kichi I think that's the most adult thing you ever said" pekoya ruffled her hair with a slight smile.

"Yeah don't get used to it" she pushed her hand away with a pout.

I shook my head fondly at them "you're wrong about one thing though"

"And what's that?"

"You don't have to fight this alone. We'll do this together" I held my hand out. One by one everyone started pailing their hands on top. For once we truly felt united...

"Hey" aiya spoke up "where's natsuki?"