Defending Him

Kazuhikos pov

Saiko was dead.

That terrible fact was undeniable but I don't have time to mourn her. There's still two people I have to save.

I threw natsuki over my shoulder and grabbed kaizan's hand "Come on"

"But saiko-"

"She's gone!" I clenched my teeth "we're alive and she's not so please for the sake of everyone suck it up for now"

He teared up before nodding. We fled down the burning stairs and threw the doors open. As soon as I did.

"A body has been discovered"

Everyone froze, a look of horror plastered on their faces. Even without going in they knew what had happened.

"Saiko no" aiya covered her mouth, tears stinging her eyes.

"How could things have gone wrong so quickly" kichi shook her head, clearly in shock.

"Mmm" Natsuki's eyes fluttered open as he sat up "what happened-"

"You bastard!" He grabbed natsuki by the shirt "you killed her. You killed saiko!"

"N-no I didn't-"

"Shut up!" He punched him in the face, making him fall to the floor with a heavy thud "you killed her I know you did!"

The others muttered in agreement. Natsuki looked around helplessly. No one was on his side.

"Wait" I stepped in front of him "I found him unconscious in the burning building. How would that be the case if he's the perpetrator?"

"Kazuhiko" natsuki teared up.

"How could you be on his side. You're supposed to be my friend!" Kaizan looked betrayed. It hurts to see him like this.

"I am your friend but I also want to know the truth" I tried to explain "This isn't personal"

"Yeah well it sure feels that way" he stormed off. Natsuki looked at me, frail and weak. I sigh.

It's investigation time.