The Real Mastermind

Kazuhikos pov

We all took our places at the stand for hopefully the last time. Saikos dead and I'm not willing to lose anyone else. I will find the mastermind behind this tonight!

"Natsuki's responsible for this" Kaizan slammed his fist down "let's just hang this bastard already!"

"No please!" Natsuki begged "I didn't kill her. I didn't even set the fire-"

"Lier!" Kaizan screamed "you killed her just admit it!"

"We can't be sure of that" I stepped in.

"Stay out of my way kazuhiko" he growled.

"No" I stood my ground "I don't want to fight with you but I will if I have to. It's important to learn the truth before jumping to conclusions"

"Well I hate to say it kazu but there's a lot of evidence against natsuki" kichi scratched the back of her neck "he announced to everyone that he would set the island on fire and how did saiko die? By fire!"

"Not necessarily" I spoke up "once the fire died down I looked over her body and while there were burns they didn't see the cause of death"

"They didn't" kaizan's eyes widened. Good, I got his attention.

"The cause of death was a hole in her chest. Perhaps the perpetrator thought we wouldn't notice it thanks to the scorch marks. Unfortunately for them I'm educated in all kinds of deadly weapons" I smirked.

"In that case I think we should hear natsukis side of the story" pekoya said calmly.

"Well like I said I was willing to burn down this entire island if it meant I could end this island" he sighed "I was getting ready to cover the first island"

"I can attest to that" aiya spoke up "there was the worst smell of gasoline during the investigation"

"When I noticed a fire in the hotel" he continued his story "I was worried so I went over to check. I was knocked out before I could see the perpetrators face though"

"Yeah figures" kichi sighed.

"So someone else set the fire? But we all had alibis!" Kaizan yelped.

"Yeah this seems pretty impossible" aiya shook her head.

"Unless it was the mastermind" kichi smirked.

"Kichi what are you up to" pekoya raised an eyebrow.

"I found something pretty interesting in natsumi castle" she held up a photo of what looked to be a password "I borrowed your camera. Sorry pekoya"

"Grr touching my private stuff" pekoyas eyes screamed murder.

"So what are those numbers" I tried to change the subject.

"It's the password to the ruins" she explained "inside is practically another world. If we go there you'll understand what I'm talking about"

"Then what are we waiting for!" I stood up suddenly "let's go!"

"Hold on! You can't leave in the middle of a trail!" Monokuma's demands fell on deaf ears as we ran to the elevator.

*Time skip*

As we reached the ruins we saw something. A girl around our age with short brown hair and soft pink eyes. She looked up from her gaming device and smiled.

"Good luck everyone" she said as she faded away.

Bewildered but filled with Newfound corauge we typed the password in and stepped into a new world.