walking to school

Fuyuhikos pov

I squinted my eyes as the harsh sun hit them. I turned onto my side to see kazuichis sleepy face, but instead of being horrified this time I smiled and gently shook him awake.

"Time to get up kid. It's time for school"

"Mmm no! I live here now" he hugged his pillow.

"Get up you dork!" I laughed as I pulled the covers off him. He groaned as he put on his kimono.

*Time skip*

"Are you sure it's ok for me to go to school dressed like this?" He asked as peko brushed his hair.

"Of course it is. You're a part of the kuzuryu clan now. You have to dress like it" I smiled at him.

"That's very sweet fuyu but I don't know if I suit these clothes" he pulled on his sleeves nervously.

"Nonsense those clothes suit you well. I wouldn't let you wear my sisters clothes if they didn't" I muttered

"Thanks fuyu" kazuichi smiled warmly. Peko nodded at me, as if to say well done.

"Are you sure I'm going to be ok? I'm not going to get kidnapped by scary guys this time" he looked at us anxiously.

"You've made that boy's life a living hell" my father's words run through my head. What have I done? I screwed up everything!

Luckily peko came to the rescue "nothing bad will happen to you while me and fuyuhiko are with you. I promise you are safe kazuichi. Now" she lifted up a mirror "how do you like your hair?"

"It's perfect peko thank you" he was smiling again.

"It was my pleasure" she gently helped the boy up. I mouthed a quick thank you as we left.

*Time skip*

"Wow they really didn't come after me huh" kazuichi muttered as we walked into hope's peak.

"What did I tell you. Those bastards won't try anything with us around" I ruffled his hair.

"You didn't tell me that, peko did" he pointed out.

"Gah- quit sassing me and get your butt into class!" Peko and kazuichi giggled as they ran into class. I shook my head fondly. Those two!

We stepped inside. Everyone turned their heads to us, their eyes on kazuichi. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh my gosh you're so cute!" Everyone immediately surrounded kazuichi, showering him with compliments. I smiled to myself.

I guess we had nothing to worry about.