Getting Closer

Kazuhikos pov

I tapped my fingers anxiously as I chewed on a slice of chocolate toast. After breakfast we'd talk about what we found on our respective investigations. I just hope she manages to find something.

"Are you alright? You seem a little preoccupied" pekoya raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fine" I said reassuringly. The last thing I want is to drag my dearest friend into this!

"Kazuhiko you'd tell me if something was wrong wouldn't you?" She looked at me pleadingly.

I hated lying to her but I had no choice "of course I would. I gotta go pekoya. Bye!" I took off running before she could say anything.

Naoko was sitting with natsuki chatting up a storm. I often see the two together. They seem to have become close friends in under the few days they've known each other. It's impressive to say the least.

She looked up at me and smiled "excuse me natsuki I have some business with kazuhiko"

"Of course. I'll see you later " he smiled with a slight blush. That look. He's got to be in love.

"I'll put in a few good words for you" I whispered to him which only made his blush deepen.

We went into our secret spot, the storage closet and began our discussion.

"Did you find anything?" She asked.

"Naw. I looked real hard but I couldn't find shit" I felt embarrassed to admit it. Fuck I'm useless!

She giggled softly "well lucky for you I found something" she slammed down a file "found it under the floorboards. It's a file on the killing school life that took place before this. It seems like we've found ourselves in the same location"

I stared at the file in front of me. In it were pictures of the reformed remnants, including my parents.

"Mom, dad" I muttered softly.

Naoko picked the file with an excited grin "I feel like we're really getting closer to the truth. We just have to keep pushing"

"And keep pushing we will" I picked her up and spun her around. For the first time since I got here I felt a spark of hope.

That hope was quickly dashed by a sudden announcement.