A Murder Mystery

Kazuhikos pov

We all took our places at the stand once again. Tammy. That sweet girl who suffered from low self esteem was killed without a second thought. Whoever did this will pay!

"Man where should we start with all this" aiya scratched her head "this is all so confusing"

"I understand why she's confused. Everyone was there. So we have any number of suspects" Garcia sighed.

"Then we should start with the cause and location of death" kichi spoke up.

"What good will that do" mia asked.

"Just humour me" she said mysteriously.

"Well the monokuma file states that she was stabbed once in the throat" saiko read the description of the mono file "there was also water in her lungs, suggesting that she might have drowned"

"Not necessarily" Kaizan spoke up "she was stabbed in the neck right? That means she would have died almost instantly. She wouldn't have had time to drown"

"It's scary how you know that" mia shuttered.

"What do you mean? It's a totally normal thing to know!" Kaizan argued.

"Hehehe" kichi chuckled softly

"What are you laughing at?" Kaizan raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"So she was killed in the water. Then I guess we can narrow the suspect list down to whoever was swimming" so that's what she was trying to figure out. She's a lot smarter than she lets on.

"That leaves me, Mia, Kaizan, namiko, token and aiya" Garcia listed off.

"Aren't you excited Kaizan? You're part of the suspect rangers" kichi giggled excitedly.

"Like I want that!" He yelled.

"Alright now what" pekoya asked.

"We have six suspects but I think we can narrow it down even further" saiko spoke up "tokens been acting strange. Care to elaborate?"

"I don't know what you're talking about?" He started to tremble "I don't remember anything!"

"What do you mean you don't remember" taru said sceptically.

"I mean I don't remember edgelord!" He yelled.

"There's no way you can't remember something like that!" Kaizan argued.

"I may have an explanation" Archie spoke up.

"Oh dear lord" natsuki muttered.

"I've been looking into psychology as a personal hobby and little token shows many symptoms of having d.i.d" he explained.

"Eep!" The boy yelped.

"Ahh seems I struck a nerve" there was a scary look in his eyes "perhaps that was also your secret no?"

"Well token? Is it true?" Natsuki asked softly.

He pushed up his glasses with shaky hands "it's true. My mother has it and unfortunately for me d.i.d is hereditary. There! Are you happy now!"

"Not quite" Garcia pressed on "this just means that you killed Tammy to hide your secret!"

"No!" He yelped "sure I turned during swimming but I never killed anyone"

"How would you know? You just said you weren't in control" natsuki pressed on.

"I-I-I" his breathing picked up. He soon started hyperventilating.

"Token! Please calm down-" I was cut off by him hitting the floor with a dull thud. Half a second later he jumped to his feet, his eyes blood red.

"Tch what does that kid think he's doing waking me at this time" the boy complained "can't he keep his shit together for five minutes!"

"Token?" Aiya looked at him nervously.

"Oh where are my manners. I'm koro and I guess I'm your classmate" he smirked.

"This is insane" I muttered. I mean this boy is so different from the token we've known.

"So you kids have questions for me or what?"

"Ah right" I jumped to action "tok- I mean koro did you kill Tammy?"

He stared at us for a moment before he burst out laughing "me kill that fat little crossdresser? You're pulling my leg!"

"How dare you talk about her like that" mia growled "that's it! He definitely killed her!"

"Whoe whoe sweetheart I didn't kill anyone" he said calmly "I'm the kind of guy who takes pleasure in hurting people. Physical, verbal, emotional anything will do but murder? You get no reaction out of a corpse so there's nothing for me to gain by killing"

"I don't believe you!" Mia yelled, the others nodded in agreement.

"Well I do" everyone turned to me in disbelief "don't get me wrong. The way he talks about a dead girl is despicable but I don't get the feeling he's lying. Koro can you tell us what you saw?"

"Gladly my good man" he grinned "I came to in the water, token probably got stressed cause he can't swim. I don't remember much during that time but I do remember seeing something shiny reflect in the water"

"Well that doesn't help!" Aiya folded her arms.

"Does it not?" Saiko muttered thoughtfully "think back to Tammy's cause of death"

"A knife" the realisation hit me "she was stabbed underwater!"

"That's right" she nodded "The killer most likely waited in between some rocks for Tammy to swim above her"

"But who could have held their breath for so long?" Namiko asked "Even i'd struggle after five minutes"

He's got a point. Who on earth would have been able to pull it off-

"Thanks kazuhiko. I'm planning on doing a little diving"

"Gah" I relled back in shock. No. It can't be.

"Is everything alright kazuhiko?" Pekoya asked worriedly.

"Garcia" I pointed a shaky finger at her "you were wearing diving gear. You could have hid in wait no problem"

"Wha-" she stood in disbelief "kazuhiko I thought you liked me. Why are you accusing me of murder!"

"I do like you but I have to get to the truth-"

"Why are you putting me in this position? Why!" She started to cry. Everyone started murmuring sympathetically. My shoulders slumped. Did I get it wrong-

"You all disgust me" pekoya glared at them "you trust her blindly just cause she sheds a few tears? Where was the same level of compassion for token?"

"Yeah I agree" kichi stepped in "you guys would suck at murder mysteries!"

"I understand wanting to believe your friend but you can't believe without doubt. That is simply a lie" Saiko said calmly.

"Grr I don't like this but I also know that kazuhiko wouldn't indict his crush without being one hundred percent sure" Kaizan said firmly.

"Guys" I teared up slightly. My friends believe in me. That means I should believe in myself too!

I turned to her painfully "Garcia I'm not doing this out of malice. I really do like you so please if you're innocent prove me wrong!"

"No it's fine" she sighed "a princess knows when to bow out gracefully. Kazuhiko thank you for fighting so hard for me but I think it's time to end this" she smiled sweetly. That smile I fell in love with.

I slammed my fist down. Damnit! But I can't back down now. I have to do this. So with a heavy heart I voted for Garcia nevermind.