SEVENTY-TWO

CW: Blood and gore

WILL POV:
Vivian let's out a blood curdling scream and lurches away from her boyfriend to throw up in the grass. I see multiple mothers covering their kids eyes so they don't see the absolute wreckage of this guys face. Nico looks horrified, it's very clear this is not what he wanted to happened.

All Nico did was trip the guy, but he fell catching his nose on the chair and causing the bone to break and split up through the bridge. I've seen a lot of cases of this happening where the bone went into their brain, killing them instantly so on that note he's pretty lucky.

"Someone call an ambulance!" I yell as soon as I'm unfrozen. I look down and realise his blood has splattered all over me and have to run to a trash can to throw up.

"Cazzo cazzo cazzo non volevo farlo!" Nico says, clearly panicking.

I wipe my mouth and rush to his side, wrapping him in my arms. "You didn't mean to, it's okay. He'll be fine," I say, trying to sound calm but I know I'm shaking just as much as Nico right now.

"I didn't mean to," Nico cries into my chest. "I didn't mean to."

As sick as it is, I'm almost glad Nicos freaking out so much right now in front of all these witnesses. If so many people see how obvious it is he didn't mean to do this, maybe Nico won't get in as much trouble.

"Non volevo, fuck!" Nico curses.

"It's okay, just breath."

I hadn't even noticed but a lifeguard has crouched down by the guy to check his pulse since he has apparently passed out.

"Is he alive?" I ask him cautiously.

"Yes," the man says, eying Nico warily. "Can I use your towel to try and help with the bleeding?"

"Yes," Nico says quickly. "Help him, take whatever."

The man quickly snatches Nicos towel off the back of the chair and applies it to the guys face carefully.

"Charlie?" Vivian slowly approaches her boyfriend now that his face is covered. She turns a horrified look on Nico. "You fucking psycho path! You tried to kill my boyfriend!" she yells.

"I didn't mean to," Nico says again, this time hiding his face in my chest.

"You've always been a freak!" Vivian shouts.

"Cut it out," Jason snaps, still holding his own towel to his nose so his voice comes out nasally. "We all saw what happened, he didn't mean for this to happen."

"He's freaking just as much as the rest of us," Percy interjects, blood from a cut on his jaw still drizzling down his neck to his chest weakly. Annabeth is using her towel to clean the blood off of them both from Percy's wound.

"He tried to kill him! Just like he tried to kill those guys at his other school!" Vivian argues.

"He's fucking dangerous," Rebecca says, clutching onto Lorens arm tightly. "Why the fuck isn't he already in jail?"

"Cause his daddy was rich and bailed him out," Jackson sneers. "Look where this got us, he might have just killed Charlie."

Finally I hear sirens approaching so the life guard turns and looks at them and says, "The ambulance is almost here, they'll do their best."

"It could have been worse," I say. "I've heard of cases where the nose bone went and stabbed into peoples brains."

"Not helping Will," Leo says from where he's sitting staring at Charlie wide eyed.