THIRTEEN

NICO POV:
"Well well well, the little faggots back and he's brought his little boyfriend," Jordan sneers. I snap my attention up to meet his eyes.

"I'm surprised you were brave enough to come show your face around me, after what happened to your little friends a few months ago," I say standing up, trying to make myself as tall as possible though I knew that was still a good 5 inches less than Jordan.

"I'm not scared of you," he smirks.

"Who are you," Will says standing up and stepping in front of me slightly. For once I appreciate his overwhelming height instead of hating it. He is a good few inches taller than Jordan and his two other little friends. Perks of being 6'4 I guess.

Jordan and his goons all laugh, "Look, Di Angelos got himself a pet faggot."

"You can call me that all you want, but don't you dare say that about him," I growl pushing Will to the side so he's next to me instead of in front. I know he's just trying to protect me, but I also know I can handle these guys a lot better than Will can.

They laugh cruelly, and Jake says, "Wow, he's standing up for someone other than himself."

"Guess loner boy finally found a friend," Jordan sneers.

"Look guys," Will interjects stepping in front of me again like a dumb ass, "We're not looking for any trouble. Just leave us alone."

"Awe, your little boyfriend thinks he can play peacemaker can he?" Sam smiles maliciously.

"How adorable, he's trying to protect you," Jordan chuckles. "We'll see how well that goes for him."

Before I can process what's going on Jordan punches Will in the chest knocking him to the ground.

I jump into between them. "Don't you dare fucking touch him, cowards."

"Let's see what you got Di Angelo," Sam cackles and he lunges toward me. I simply step to the side and he goes toppling over Will to the ground.

Jordan goes to punch me but I block it and punch him in the nose instead. He uses his forearm to try and wipe the blood now gushing from his nose as he stumbles backward, almost falling on his ass.
Jake steps forward and also throws a poorly executed punch because I easily block it and punch him in the jaw knocking him out cold.

"Nico watch out!" Will shouts from behind me.

I turn around just in time to see Sam lunging at me. I grab his head and introduce it to my knee, making him stumble back to the ground.

"You're gonna pay for that Di Angelo," Jordan growls as he lunges at me again. Before he even raises his fist I step closer and kick him in the knees, sending him stumbling to the ground clutching his knee and groaning.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watch Sam pull a pocket knife out of his pocket and push himself up dizzily. I turn to face him and laugh at the determined look in his eyes.

"What are gonna do with that?" I mock stepping closer to him until I'm within reach of his blade. "Go on, have a stab." I narrow my eyes, daring him to try.

He lunges up slicing at me with the blade and I push his hand away grabbing the knife with my other. I step to the side of him and sweep my foot behind his knee sending him flying to the ground backwards, hitting his head on the ground with a thud.

"Nico!" Will shouts, I turn around the see Jordan running at me, also with a knife.

I grab his arm and sweep under his leg sending him tumbling over to the ground, I step on his gut hard causing him to cough. I thought he had dropped the knife in his fall, and realize that I was wrong too late. He plunges the blade into the side of my calf handle deep.