FIFTY-FOUR

WILL POV:
I haven't been able to get Nico to say a single word in almost a whole 24 hours. He said bye to Mrs. O'Leary last night, and as soon as we left his mouth has been firmly shut. It's starting to really worry me.

"Hey baby," I say rolling over to his side of the bed and flinging my arm on top of him as he reads a comic book. He doesn't even look at me. "Is it good?" I ask.

He had seen it at Walmart and it just caught his eye, even though he apparently has never been into comic books, so of coarse I had bought it for him.

"What's it about?" I ask.

He flips it to the back so I can read the synopsis. I sigh but read it anyways.

"That sounds good," I comment as I hand it back.
I move my hand up to his collar bone and shoulder and start rubbing my thumb across the soft skin. Normally that makes him shiver, today I get nothing.

I duck under his arm so I can lay on his chest and he readjusts his arms on me so he can keep the comic book in front of him. I tuck my face into the crook of his neck and plant a soft chaste kiss there. Still nothing. I kiss up his neck towards his jaw, his eyes don't even move from his page. I bite down and at least this time he moves his head to give me more room, but other than that I would have no idea if he could even feel my mouth on his neck.

"I love you," I say cupping the side of his neck with my hand and running my fingers over the short hair at the back of his neck from the undercut.

He hums in acknowledgment and leans his head on mine. Better than I've been getting so I'll take it.

"Your beautiful," I say, taking advantage of the fact that he won't argue with me right now. "And gorgeous, and sexy, and pretty, and handsome."

He ignores me.

"Will you please say something," I beg for what feels like the thousandth time of the day. "I miss your voice."

He ignores me.

"Can I have a kiss?" I ask.

He sets the comic book down and pulls my chin up so he can reach my lips. I try to give him everything Ive got in this kiss. I hold his face gently in my hands as if he's fragile, but bite his lips and practically choke him with my tongue. He pulls me on top of him so that I'm straddling his hips, something he doesn't like me doing very often so I savour it when I can.

"I love kissing you," I smile against his lips.

He just kisses me more, not that I'm complaining but I'd like to hear him say something.

Nicos running his hands all over my body as if he's trying to map it all out so he can make sure he has it committed to memory. He surprises me when he slowly tucks his hand under my shirt, pausing so I can object if I want, then moving it up my chest some more. He's only done this a few times but every time it amazes me how amazing it can feel to just have his hands on my skin.

He moves his lips down my cheek and starts to kiss along my jaw and down my throat. My breath hitches when he starts to suck a bruise in the junction between my shoulder and neck. My eyes flutter closed and I allow my self to not think about anything else except the feeling of Nico under me and all over me.

"I love you too," Nico says quietly as he lays his head back on the bed, looking up at me with his big brown eyes.

I grin, "You talked!"

He rolls his eyes and pushes me off him. I don't even care that he doesn't say anything else I'm too happy he said those four words. They could have been any combination of four words and I'd be happy but he chose those ones.