FIVE

TW: SELF HARM IS HEAVY IN THIS CHAPTER. I WILL PUT A TW BEFORE THE HEAVY HEAVY SH SO HOPE THAT HELPS

NICO POV:
I wake up to my sister Hazel placing ice packs over my badly bruised body. I groan in pain as I tried to sit up but was met with a stabbing pain in my side and head.

"Just lay down," Hazel soothed pushing me back. She thought I didn't notice her brushing a tear from her face, but I did.

I realize that I'm now upstairs in my room, meaning that Hazel must have had to carry me up the stairs. I feel bad, though I know I don't weigh all that much, and that she's really deceptively strong and it was probably only a mild workout for her.

She must have noticed me trying to read the clock on my bedside table because she said, "It's about 7:30, you've been out for a few hours."

I sigh, "Fantastic."

"I'm sorry, you're probably gonna be in a lot of pain for the next few days. I think you probably have a bruised rib or two judging by the bruising and that you couldn't sit up."

"Isn't that lovely," I groan sardonically. I have a piercing headache, and could already feel how sore my body is. "How bad do I look?"

Hazel grimaced, "Do you want the truth or a sugar coating?"

"Truth," I grumbled.

"Like you just got your ass beat," She confessed. "Dad was pretty drunk, but I still don't know why he was this extreme."

"Cause he's an asshole."

She chuckled, "True."

"I wanna take a shower," I try to sit up again but Hazel has to help push me up. Standing up I felt lightheaded. "Or a bath, maybe a hot bath would be nice," I grumble.

"Do you need help getting in?" She asks, worry tracing her words and face.

"I've got it, it'll be painful but I can do it."

I limp my way over to my bathroom and start running a bath with the water as hot as it'll go. I stare at myself in the mirror and see that my lip busted back open, and my eyebrow has a fresh cut on it. Neither looked deep enough to leave a visible scar which is always good, but I'm still gonna have this black eye for a while. And to make matters worse, Will would too.

I stare at the bruises and cuts on my face trying not to imagine them on the blonde boys as well. I peel off my shirt painfully, grimacing at the stabbing pains in my side but ignoring it as best I can. I see the purple and red bruises lining my rib cage.

"Fan-fucking-tasting," I grumble to myself. My eyes trailing from the bruises on my ribs to the scars and cuts lining my forearms.

TW: SELF-HARM STARTS HERE

I suddenly have the urge to add more, to watch the blood slip from between my skin. But the idea that Will would know exactly what I had done makes me freeze. I mean he already knew I'd done it before, and he knew that I just got my ass handed to me only a couple hours prior, so why would it matter if he knew I cut tonight as well? It didn't, I'm just overthinking.

I dig into the drawer and find the box of razors, twisting one of them between my fingers before finally dragging it across my wrist and watching the blood slip from my body. I try to imagine all my problems and feelings slipping out with the crimson liquid.

I drag it across my wrist until my arm stings and red stains my skin. I glance over and saw the tub was going to overflow if I don't turn off the water, so I rush over and turn off the tap.

SH DONE

I looked down at my arms and immediately know am gonna regret this one. Blood continues to pour from the wounds, but I ignore it and slowly lower myself into the bathtub as best I can.

I stay there till the water runs cold and tinged a red-orange color. I drain the bathtub, my body aching slightly less than before allowing me to push through a short shower.

By the end, my arm had stopped bleeding and I could see the damage I had done. Red lines zigzagging across my forearm, and then it truly hit me, the same marks were now littering the blonde boy's arms as well. And I was gonna have to face him tomorrow.