THIRTY-ONE

WILL POV:
Mom told me I can stay home with Nico till his school suspensions over, since we can't leave him alone.

"Your gonna get so far behind," Nico complains when I tell him friday morning when he asked what I was doing at home still.

"That's okay," I smile. "Percy said he'll bring us our school work."

"Pfft," Nico tuts, "If they don't want me there I'm not doing there damn work."

I move to go sit back on the bed with Nico and he immediately curls up in my side.

"You're gonna regret it when we get back and you have to play catch up," I point out.

"I'll be fine," he shrugs. "I just won't do it then either."

"You're gonna fail out of high school and have to do it again if you don't start doing your homework," I say, shaking my head in amusement.

He sits up and stares at me, "You're a real mood killer, you know that?"

I laugh, "Oh you love me and you know it."

"I don't know why," he grumbles reaching over the side table for his phone. He starts scrolling through god knows what so I take the chance to cuddle into his side and rest my head on his chest. He immediately starts playing with my curls absentmindedly but doesn't look away from his phone. I pull myself close to him and melt into his touch and nearly fall back asleep in his arms.

Normally I prefer holding him than the other way around, but sometimes I like just relaxing in his arms. He is so much smaller than me that even though I'm not really laying on him, the half on my body that is nearly covers all of him. He doesn't complain though, he just continues to play with my hair and scratch my back as I lay there.

"I love you," he says quietly.

I look up a bit startled that he said it first, most of the time if I say I love him he doesn't even say anything back, and even when he does its normally "fuck you." Im lucky if I get kiss after as well. He just isn't the kind of guy to say that kind of thing, but I always know he does by some of the other things he says or that he does.

I grin at him, "I love you too."

He smiles back at me and I lean up to kiss him and he kisses me back passionately, like he's trying to pack a million words into this kiss that he doesn't know how to say out loud. By the time we pull away we're both panting from lack of breathing and I can tell Nico is trying really hard not to smile. He looks away and picks his phone back up to distract himself, so I kiss the underside of his jaw lightly to get his attention again. He inhales sharply and I can feel his body shiver again. I kiss his jaw more and he exhales leaning his head up to give me more room to kiss him. I bring my hand up to cradle his jaw as I kiss down the side of his neck lightly. His breathing hitches a little the lower I go until I'm at the edge of his shirt. I pull his shirt down a little bit exposing his collarbone and place little kisses along it as well. He suddenly tenses up and moves away from me slightly.

"Please stop," he says, his voice sounds tight and strained.

I pull away immediately. "I'm sorry," I say quickly. "I didn't mean to push a boundary, I'll stop."

His clenches his jaw and squeezes his eyes shut. "I-It's not you," he says. I move to get off him so he doesn't feel trapped under me.

"It's okay, your not gonna hurt my feelings for setting a boundary," I tell him.

"No, it's really not you," he says trying to take deep breaths. "I'm sorry, I need to get over this anyways."

I furrow my eyebrows a little bit trying to figure out what he means, and then it clicks.

"No, I'm sorry," I say again holding his hand. "You don't need to just get over that, it's gonna take time. Don't apologise for having trauma."

His lower lip quivers a bit and he still hasn't been able to open his eyes. He takes a few deep breaths and opens them I see there glistening with tears threatening to spill.

"Can I hold you?" I ask him cautiously. "Or do you not want to be touched right now."

"Give me a second," he says, screwing his eyes shut again. "Yes," he says after a minute or so. Then he moves to lay on me, so I adjust to lay back and hold him. I wrap my arm around his shoulders loosely so he doesn't feel trapped.

"I'm sorry," he says again burying his face in my chest.

"Don't be," I say, scratching his back lightly. "It's not your fault."

"I thought I'd be fine," he says so quietly I almost couldn't hear him.

"It's okay," I assure him. "It's gonna take you time to build that trust again."

"I do trust you," he murmurs. He sounds so sad and genuinely confused and upset about what just happened.

"I know my love, but it's still gonna take time," I say.
Now that I know what happened to him, so many things make so much more sense to me.

"I thought I liked it," he murmurs, more to himself than anything.

I don't say anything since it seems like he's trying to work through things more with himself than with me. I just hold him while he processes what happened.

I don't know how long we laid there before Nico broke the silence. "Do you like having your neck kissed?" he asks thoughtfully.

I tried to think of anyone's ever kissed my neck before. "I don't know," I answer. "No ones ever done it."

Nico moves and places a soft kiss under my jaw and I feel a ribbon of warmth move down my body all the way to my feet. I gasp a little and involuntarily lift my chin up for Nico.

I can practically hear the smirk in his voice, "I guess that's a yes?"

He kisses my neck again, eliciting the same reaction. He continues to plant soft kisses down my neck until he reaches the collar of my shirt. He pauses and looks up at me questioningly.

"Yes," I say and he pulls my shirt down a bit so he can kiss across my collar bone.

I almost whimper and pull his head back down when he pulls his head away, but I don't get the chance before he's kissing me. He cradles the side of my face to keep me close to him, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

When he finally pulls away he's smiling at me. And I mean really smiling. It's the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I feel like I rarely get to see his genuine real smile; The kind that lights up his entire face.

"You're beautiful," I say smiling back.

A blush creeps across his neck and face. "No Im not," he argues.

"Oh shut up," I say grabbing his chin and kissing him again.

"Thank you," he says when I pull away. "Not for the compliment by the way, I still think that's completely bullshit."

I can't help but laugh. "Than what are you thanking me for?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Just being you I think."

"You think?" I say playfully.

"You somehow seem to always know exactly what I need from you," he says looking me in the eye.

I didn't know what to say to that, so instead I just kiss him again. I kiss him until my lips feel bruised and I think we are permanently fused together at the lips. He tries to pull away to breath but I capture his lips again, not wanting to be apart from him. Nico smiles into the kiss and I hear him take a deep breath through his nose so he wouldn't have to pull away to breathe.