FOUR

WILL POV:
I watch all the color drain from Nico's face as he checks to see what the noise is.

"Do I hear voices boy?" a gruff voice calls from around the corner. The sound of shoes stomping up the hall until a man who must have been at least 6'5 appeared glowering at me. I couldn't help but think that Nico did not get his height from his dad, but he certainly got his good looks.

"Who are these people?" he asks with the fakest smile I've ever seen. It had no kindness at all in it and didn't even reach his eyes in the slightest. I can see Nico visibly trembling and all I want to do is scoop him into my arms and run out of there. Within seconds I know that this is the man that has hurt him so much these last three years.

"S-Sorry father, these guys just wanted to help me out with some, uhm, homework since I came in the middle of a semester," Nico stutters out. He sounds absolutely terrified, and I can't blame him. I've seen the things this man has done to him.

"You know you're not allowed to have anyone over without asking me first," the man snarls, baring all his teeth as he glares at Nico. I could smell the alcohol on him from at least 8 feet away.

"I-I know, it won't happen again," Nico pleads.

"It's time for your," the man pauses, licking his lips, "friends to leave."

"Y-yes sir," Percy stammers, grabbing my arm.

Reluctantly I follow Percy out of the house, and we don't say anything until we're a block away from it.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I inquire, chewing the inside of my cheeks.

Percy opens his mouth like he's about to say something before stopping himself. "Hopefully, but I guess we'll know if you wake up tomorrow black and blue or not," he finally says.

I sigh, "I guess you're right. But I feel terrible, we practically forced him to let us in his house."

"We didn't know his dad would come home early, or that he wasn't allowed to have people over without permission or whatever for that matter."

I shrug, I still feel guilty. "I just hope he's okay and doesn't get in too much trouble," I say optimistically though I don't feel very optimistic right now.

"Let's just get back to my place," Percy said sounding crestfallen.

"Where'd you boys go running off to earlier?" Sally, Percy's mom, asked from the living room as we walked back into Percy's house. She took one look at us and sensed that something was wrong. "What happened? Are you two alright? What happened to your face Will?"

I swallow, "Yes," I say though it sounded like more of a question.

Percy looks at me like he is asking for permission to tell her, I nod and we tell his mom everything.

"Should I call the cops?" She asks with a worried mom look on her face. "Or I could just go over and check on him.

"No, that'll make it worse," I say quickly.

"You're getting a black eye though, he's clearly being beaten," Sally furrows her eyebrows solemnly.

"I-I am?" I feel my heart skip a beat as I raise my hand to my face. I can feel how swollen it is already. It doesn't help that I already had a bruise there.

"Lift your shirt," Percy said. I do as I was told and see my torso is already covered in developing bruises.

"Holy shit," Percy gasped. "It's been hardly an hour!"

Sally looked sick with worry, "Oh god, that poor boy."