i just need you close.

Note: sexual content

Derek thought Delilah was the only drop of water in a barren desert.  His mouth felt dry and his lips rough as he tried to drink her in.

He wanted her close. Closer than she was but she kept slapping his hands gently away as she turned away from him and spoke to someone at her side. He couldn't see who it was as his eyes fluttered closed when the tips of her long hair brushed close to his face.

He chased the sent with his nose as a pair of hands pushed his shoulder back down. He expected it would ache as it hit solid ground of the loft floor but sighed in relief as the surface only cushioned him.

Derek felt a warm cloth touch his face with a tender stroke before it was pulled away and placed back. The feeling was nice and he felt a calmness settle over him as he continued to inhale wisps of violets.

His head lulled to the side as he let out a deep satisfied breath.

"Thank you, Issac," Delilah whispered as Derek heard water dripping into a bowl.

"We're going to tidy up downstairs, let us know if you need anything, otherwise we'll leave you alone." Issac's voice sounded far away and Derek wondered if he was standing at the top of the stairs in their bedroom.

"I will. There's sandwich fixings in the fridge if you get hungry and don't let Cora pick on-"

"Mom," he stopped her. "We will be fine. Just stay with him."

Derek didn't hear a reply but imagined Delilah mouthed a thank you to Isaac as his footsteps softly faded away.

The warm cloth returned to his skin and dipped gently down past his neck. He groaned as she neared the tender flesh that was beginning to heal under her care.

Delilah shushed him lightly as she continued to carefully clean the skin. "Just this for now, love, and later we can shower the rest off."

Derek lifted a finger and wrapped one of the curls that landed close to him around his finger. He smiled lightly to himself as he decided this would ensure she would remain close.

He heard her soft laughter as she knew his tactics well. He did the same thing in his sleep when he was afraid she would slip away, like a dream into the night.

She continued to clean him before pulling away slightly to place her cloth and bowl on the side table. She would under normal circumstances dispose of the soiled items right away, but there was no way Derek wouldn't let her wonder that far away from him. A warmth bloomed in his chest as he felt her curl next to him on what he now confirmed was their bed.

Her breath fanned across his shoulder as she laid her head on the pillow close to his. Derek thought it was too far away as he let out a huffed whine, before she moved closer, much to his satisfaction.

Delilah rested her lips against his shoulder and gave the exposed skin a gentle kiss before trailed her hand up to cup the side of his face. Her thumb traced his jaw line as he leaned further into her touch.

Everything grew quiet, even the shuffling downstairs and the silence almost lulled Delilah into a sleep she didn't realize her body was desperately craving. Slowly slipping an eye open she smiled as bright green eyes greeted her. She always thought Derek had beautiful eyes.

"Not as beautiful as yours." Derek murmured.

Delilah hadn't realized she has said that out loud and a light blush began to covered her cheeks.

Derek's face broke out into a cheeky smile as he watched her.

"Oh no, Lilah, not the blush! Anything but the blush!"