preparation.

"You bit her."

"Well, you bit her too."

"But when I bite people, not that I've done that since I'm a toddler, nothing really happens. When you bite people..."

Derek sighed as he pulled her close to him in the bed. After Scott was deemed okay by Deaton, they had left with Issac to call it a night.

Issac was having a hard time with what happened at the warehouse. Much like Derek, he did not like seeing Delilah in any pain. Delilah wished she could sit in the back seat of the car to hold him, but Derek was right, she needed a shower to wash off the wolfsbane before she got anywhere close to the young beta.

Everyone was at home now that she was safe. Delilah's cracked phone was in Derek's office. He was hoping to take it get repaired as soon as possible. He didn't like when she couldn't be reached or reach out if she needed help.

Derek was refusing to allow her to get up from their tangled sheets. His instincts were on high alert as tonight was the full moon and his wolf had determined that anywhere but the bed was unsafe for her.

Delilah huffed as he didn't answer. Instead he was burying his face into her clean hair. She reached up to play with the hair at the back of his own head. A little rumble started from his chest.

"You're very affectionate today," she said as she slowed her hand.

Derek grumbled into her neck and reached towards his head to prompt her hand to continue to card through his hair.

She laughed much to his delight and continued her movements.

"What will happen to her?"

"Who?"

"Victoria."

Derek sighed as pulled his face away from her.

"There's a code."

Delilah nodded knowing where this was going. She had read in one of the hunter books about what happened when a hunter was bitten. Delilah just wasn't sure if the Argent were traditional in their practices.

"She'll be dead by tomorrow morning."

Delilah looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm not sad. Is that bad?"

"You shouldn't be." Derek kissed her head and pulled her as close as possible."she brought it upon herself."

Delilah nodded and thought to change the subject.

"Are you ready for tonight?"

"No." He grumbled thinking about walking the betas through the process of the full moon.

"Just remember, you might be unsure, but they will absolutely terrified. It's their first time. You need to be the big bad alpha I know you can be, for them."

"Big bad alpha?"

"Just go with it, I'm trying to stroke your ego."

"I've got something you can-"

"Don't even start," she threatened. "Once you've taken care of your baby werewolves, then and only then, can you come and find me."

Derek sighed as he ground his face into the pillow. Delilah watched him with amusement before playing with the ring on her finger. 

"You know what I find funny?"

"Is it my current state of agony?" He mumbled into his pillow.

"No," she laughed. "I moved to Beacon Hills 3 months ago."