school nurse.

Issac heard giggling from his room as the backdoor of the house opened and closed. Knowing it was Delilah and Derek, he relaxed back into the bed. Giggle may not have been the best description he could use as the pair just sounded happy beyond words.

"Derek, stop, we need to wash off before bed and I swear if you start anything again, you'll end up killing me from exhaustion."

Issac heard Derek chuckle as a pair of shoes fell to the floor. "That isn't what you said when we were halfway home."

"Well I'm saying it now. So unless you want me to cut you off completely, you'll let me wash the dirt and leaves from my hair and tuck me in for a full night sleep."

Issac's face scrunched up from their conversation. Gross, it was like listening to your parents.

When he was originally introduced to the couple, he was a bit thrown by the pairing. Delilah was open, nice, motherly even and Derek was distant and rash, or at least that is what he originally thought. Together, they were like an equal balance. Delilah acted like an anchor to what Issac thought would be an impulsive alpha. She grounded him and he in turn kept her safe.

Issac heard the shower turn on in the upstairs bathroom as the entry door was locked on the main floor.

"Go to sleep, Issac," Derek called gruffly down the hallway before he ascended the stairs. 

Issac snickered under his breath and turned over in his bed. Regardless of  the day twisting and turning into an incomprehensible monster, he was thankful for this moment as it was at this time he finally felt like he was home.

- - - - -

Despite the late night/ early morning 's events, Derek was up early to make Delilah a cup of coffee before she could get out of bed. Upon hearing movement in the kitchen, Issac appeared in the doorway.

"Morning," he yawned.

Derek looked over to him to acknowledge his presence before pouring the newly brewed coffee into the waiting mug.

"No school today for you, especially since you're pretty much a fugitive."

"At least I'm an alive fugitive." 

Derek smirked at the boys remark before schooling his expression again.

"We are going to start your training instead. And as long as the police aren't staked out outside your house, we will grab some of your things to bring back here."

Issac nodded and Derek left the room with the coffee in hand. 

Not wanting to be rude and rummage for breakfast, Issac headed over to the living room and pulled a book he found interesting off one of the many shelves. He might as well do something while he waited for everyone else to wake up.

Derek heard Issac sit with a book on the couch while he made his way up the stairs with the steaming cup. Perhaps after putting Issac through his planned training exercises he would have him skim books with him to hopefully identify the creature that killed his father. 

Right now the only goal he wanted to accomplish was to delicately wake up Delilah who was still tangled in their bed sheets. Pushing the bedroom door open as quietly as possible and closing it softly behind him, he set the coffee cup on her side table before crouching down to be level with her sleeping face. Her eyes were still closed and her hair was a wild mess from the shower they took after they got home from the woods. Derek watched as her nose began to twitch in her sleep. 

Placing a hand on her cheek, he watched as her eyes slowly opened to connect with his. 

"Good morning," he said as he stroked her hair from her face.