seriously.

"Erica hold still or I will burn your head." Delilah currently held the newly transformed werewolf's hair between her fingers as she wrapped the end around a curling iron. 

"But won't I just heal?" She asked.

"In theory, but I don't want to smell burning hair."

Erica shrugged and began bouncing on a small stool in Delilah's bathroom, watching in the mirror as Delilah showed her how to tame the curls on her head that escaped their natural styling. Each time Delilah finished a section, Erica would turn her head to see what she had done, delaying the process further. She couldn't blame the girl as she was just excited to see her new transformation, even if she knew the new beta was going to be a lot to handle.

After her brief phone call with Derek, who was more worried about the fact she shook hands with the elder Argent than the potential of a new recruit, she convinced him to meet her at the hospital. 

If she thought Derek was possessive before the last full moon, she was sadly mistaken now as he almost ripped her car door off the hinge when she pulled in to park at the hospital. Delilah sighed as Derek instantly began breathing in her scent along her neck. 

"You're like a damn cat." 

"Am not," he said with his head buried under her hair. 

She smiled as she tilted her head further to give him better access to the area.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I did mean dog as you basically mark your territory. Very different."

She laughed as he growled into her and playfully bit at her. 

"Are you sure you are okay?" He murmured into her ear.

"We will have to strategize later, but for now I want to focus on this." Delilah pulled away from Derek and grabbed his hand to thread her fingers with his. "Come with me, I don't want her to think I didn't follow through on my promise."

Derek followed behind Delilah as they moved through the hospital hallways together. 

Stopping in front of a patient room, Delilah untangled her hand from his. "Wait here, but don't look suspicious," she said and slipped into the room.

Derek wished she hadn't of said that as now he wasn't sure what to do with his hands. Should he keep them at his side? Lean them against the wall? Cross them in front of his chest? Derek thought he might be over thinking this as he waited for Delilah to return. Giving up, he opted to place them in his leather jacket pocket.

The room's door creaked open behind him and a hand snuck out to pull his from its new place in his pocket. Delilah smiled as her tug caught him by surprise and he spun into the room. She stumbled slightly as Derek's weight fell into her and his hands landed on her hips to steady her.

Derek began to stroke the area above her dress, when a voice interrupted his movements.

"Wow."

Derek tore his eyes away from the blush inching across Delilah's face to look at a girl propped up in the hospital bed. She looked tired from her spot, with frizzy hair and a slight speckling of acne across her chin.

"Derek, this is who I wanted you to meet. Erica, this is Derek, my boyfriend and Derek, this is Erica." 

Erica looked at Derek with a look of shock coated with the smallest bit of lust.

"Erica, honey, close your mouth. He's too old for you." 

Erica looked down at her lap with embarrassment for being caught staring so blatantly. She couldn't help it as the man in front of her with the short black hair and dark leather jacket was just a dreamboat to look at it. I didn't escape her attention that he had only barely looked in her direction as he was too busy tucking loose curls behind Delilah's ears.