shrine of bandages.

"Mel, what's wrong?" Delilah asked as she moved over for her friend to share the large arm chair with her. Melissa picked up the end of the blanket, a heavy one she had been gifted before Scott was born, and tucked in the two of them before leaning her head against Delilah's. She let out a deep sigh and fought the urge to nervously bite at her thumb nail. 

There was a lot on her mind right now and she wasn't sure where to begin. Does she start with why her son has his claws buried in the back of his friend's necks, or the paralyzed and possessed teenager she spent the better part of the afternoon stitching back together after he was dragged into her living room with a gushing stomach wound, or does she really go with the fact that she got Delilah's test results back?

Melissa clenched her fists before uncurling them in the hopes of relieving some of her built up stress. 

Delilah grabbed her friend's hand under the blanket to stop the other woman's fiddling. Normally she wouldn't mind it but she was letting the cold air from the living room into her sad attempt of a warm cocoon with her movements

Realizing what she was doing, Melissa stopped and grabbed the second blanket tucked next to the chair. She used it to cover Delilah as securely as she could.

Once settled again, the two of them watched on as Derek stood just off to Delilah's right side with his arms crossed stiffly in front of his chest. His face was set into a scowl with his eyes piercing and lips held in a hard line, refusing to look away from the kids. The moment Scott needed him, he would be at his side.

Melissa didn't say anything at first, just burrowed into the blanket further and felt her friend's hand tighten on her's. The entire situation making her incredibly uneasy.

"He threatened to tell Scott..." Melissa mumbled into Delilah's hair.

"About?"

Melissa looked at her from the corner of her eye and lowered her voice to a whisper. "Raph..."

Delilah groaned with annoyance and watched as Derek shifted slightly on his feet. He didn't turn fully around to look at his wife but she noticed his hand twitch where it rested across his chest.

"Really?" Delilah whispered back and curled her legs to better face her friend. "How could he possibly know? I mean it took you a while to open up to me about it..."

"I don't know, I think it just knows things," Melissa sighed before rubbing the palm of her free hand against her eye.

Delilah clicked her tongue and eyed the it in question across the room. It looked like her Stiles but that was where the resemblance stopped. Where Stiles held light in his eyes, it only held darkness.  

The hair on the back of her neck started to stand on end the longer she kept looking in its direction. Even paralyzed and held in place by Scott's claws, it still had the unique ability to strike a solid fear in her heart. 

"Peter?" Delilah called as softly as she could to not disturb the others. "Can you bring me the book I left in the kitchen?"

Peter appeared from the other end of the house, where he had retreated with Deaton, with the book in hand. He held it out to Delilah before moving to stand next Derek. He didn't want to to interrupt the girls, not while they whispered with their heads together.

Besides, if he really wanted to know what they were talking about, he would just simply listen in.

"Apparently this is from our library, but I don't remember seeing it before," Delilah told Melissa, while showing her the cover.

"Basement, kitten," Peter mumbled for Delilah to hear while Melissa continued to examine the front of the book. "You still haven't come down to see what've dug up."