Part 37

Today was the day that I was going to take those files back to the Ministry. I looked through each file and nothing besides Sirius’s and mine child statue changed. There's no point in still having them laying around the house, when at any moment Aurors could search for them.

I made sure Remus was 100% okay with watching the children. Of course he was, any chance he could get with the twins he would take. 

I honestly can’t wait until he finds literally anyone to have a child with. He would be the perfect father.
I use the floo network to get to the Ministry. It was as crowded as the day I stole the files.

I made my way to the same area I found the confidential room. There still wasn't anyone near the room. Can't believe they didn't fix that still.

I open the door and find the exact section that I took them from. I put Ann Blakes back first, then Alex Carter, then Sirius’s and mine. I turn to go when one name catches my eye. One that wasn't there before. At least I don’t remember it being there.

I grab the file and open it, curious as to what it could possibly have to say about someone I know and love.

Regulus Arcturus Black (deceased)
Parents: Orion (deceased) and Walburga Black (deceased)
Sibling(s): Sirius Orion Black, Layla Lupin Black (Sister In-Law)
Relationship Status: Married to Marlene Mckinnon (deceased)
Child(ren): Was Pending
Other: Died from Voldemort's hand. Marriage was recently found out

I could stop staring at the "Relationship Status". When did Marleen and Regulus get married?Why didn't Marlene tell me? I would’ve supported her no matter what. And Regulus, I understand why he would want to hide that, but something this big? How did I not notice this?

If my file was next to Sirius’s because of our marriage, so would Marlene's be next to Regulus's?

I quickly set his back down into his spot, scanning the shelves for Marlene's file. Wasn’t long before I found hers a few files from Reggies.
I open it up without a moment's hesitation.

Marlene McKinnon (deceased)
Parents: Michael (deceased) and Melissa McKinnon (deceased)
Sibling(s): Mason McKinnon (deceased) Mitchell McKinnon (deceased) Matthew McKinnon (deceased) Maxwell McKinnon (deceased) Sirius Orion Black (Brother In-Law)
Relationship Status: Married to Regulus Arcturus Black (deceased)
Child(ren): Was Pending
Other: Murdered. Marriage was recently found out

The thing that surprised me the most about this file was the "pending" to the children status. It was on Reggies but that wasn't too surprising, for it could’ve been a misprint. But it was pending on Sirius’s and mine because I was pregnant.

So that means that Marlene was pregnant but died before she could have the child...

I hope whoever murdered the McKinnon's died a horrible death. They all were too young and wanted to fight for a worthy cause! They didn't deserve this. No one who died by the hands of Voldemort deserved this.

A loud noise knocks me out of my thoughts. I've been here too long, they must know someone is messing with the files.

I quickly put the file next to Regulus's. Since they couldn't be together forever, then they better be together after death! They at least deserve that.

I make my way to the door when a voice calls behind me.

"Petrificus Totalus!" A spell got thrown at me. I go stiff and fall backwards, unable to move.

Dear Sirius...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें