Part 10

The next day I woke up a little earlier than normal, I was feeling better than yesterday which is amazing. I walk into the kitchen and make myself some fried eggs. Today I’m going to sneak my way into the Dursleys household. I’m not entirely sure where they would have him sleep, but I rather try to find out sooner rather than later.

I put a jacket on before Apparating to Number 4 Privet Drive. It was only a couple seconds before I stood down the street. I looked around, trying to see if anyone was looking. The street was empty, houses had no movement. I turn into my animagus form.

I make a small noise out of habit. No one would’ve been able to hear me either way. Sounds of the wind against the grass hit my ears. My paws patter on the street with every step I take towards the place Harry lives.

There was no car in the driveway, so maybe my idea of them leaving him alone wasn’t too off. I walk towards the front window, trying to get a good look inside. Nothing moving, the house is still.

I take off towards the back of the house, hoping that they didn’t lock the back door or there was some way for me to get inside. Turns out they did and there was no other way in. So they're not entirely stupid, though they sure do act like it.

I move my way back towards the front of the house to sit and wait, for any sign of life. My head turning and stomach lurches making me feel sick. I took a couple deep breaths but that didn’t really help. If anything it just made me feel even more sick. I sit still, closing my eyes, and listen to the soft sound of wind. My head is still spinning.

I open my eyes and look back at the house, to the empty driveway, then back to the house. They probably aren’t home, and me Apparating and changing forms isn’t exactly good for me at the moment. I whisper my apology for having to leave, just in case Harry was in that house. I just have to get home before something bad happens.

I look around, as best I could without making the sicking feelings worse. No one was around, I quickly changed back to my human form. My stomach aches and twists. Something is going wrong.

I quickly Apparate back home, wishing I hadn’t done that. I stumble towards the floor, putting my arms out to protect myself from causing too much damage. I kneel down on the floor, taking more deep breaths.

I freeze. I need to get to the bathroom before I throw up all over the place. I quickly stood up and ran to the nearest bathroom, luckily I made it on time. When I was done puking, I lay down on the cold floor, cooling off from the effort it took.

A couple minutes pass before I start to feel a little better. I slowly lift myself from the floor, my hands going to my stomach in an act of protection. I’m never Apparating and switching forms for at least a couple more months. It’s not safe right now, and I should’ve realized that a lot longer.

I walk towards the bedroom, tired from the day's events. Before I lay down on the bed I grab a piece of parchment and quill.

Dear Sirius

I don’t know how I’m going to be able to do this without you. I have Moony and Andromeda if I really need the help, but this was supposed to be me and you. Moony doesn’t believe me about you being innocent, and how I also think Wormtail is alive. Can’t blame him though, we all have a different outlook on things. I miss you, so very much. It’s not the same without you around here. Wish they would’ve given you one more day, that way we can figure out things together about how I’m going to do everything by myself. I’m still looking, I haven’t given up. Hold on, as long as you can.

Yours truly,
Lottie

I fold the parchment up and place it next to the others. I really hope the pile doesn’t grow too big, considering I’m planning to find Peter within the next four years. Anything beyond that is ridiculous.