Part 15

Four months earlier

I walk into the bedroom, Sirius still under the blankets as if I hadn't just been puking my guts out in the other room. He looks so calm while he is asleep. Dreaming about all the possible pranks we could pull on our friends, none that would hurt them of course, but ones to get them laughing.

I sit down next to him. Slowly running my fingers through his messy black hair. He always loves when I do this. Told me once it's about how intimate the small act was. How it really goes to show how much you love someone.

I would agree, with this act it's not about the kissing or communication. You're telling the person you care for them through this act, that you will do everything in your power to protect them.

He stirs awake. His groggy grey eyes meet mine, a smile appearing on his face. "I want to be woken up like this every day from now on," he says in a sleepy voice.

I laugh and gently push his head. He sits up next to me, leaning his head down on my shoulder. I stayed there for a moment, enjoying his company. If I'm being honest he is probably falling back to sleep.

I look at my watch on my nightstand. Five minutes have passed. I gently take Sirius’s head off my shoulder, he groans in rebellion.

"I have to go check something," I say, giving him a smile. "I'll be back in two minutes."

I ran out of the room and towards the bathroom. A pregnancy test on the counter waiting for the answer to be known.

I pick it up and look at it. Positive. A grin, wider than I would’ve imagined, spreads across my face. I do a small dance before taking it back into the room.

Sirius looks up at me, confusion on his face. I hide the test behind my back. I jump and down on my toes in excitement.

"What?" He asks.

"You," I say walking closer to him, "are going to be daddy Padfoot."

I handed him the test. His eyes go wide and grab the test. He just stares down at it in shock.

"A dad? I don't know how to be a dad!"

I place my hands on his cheeks, pulling his face up until his eyes meet mine. "I don't know how to be a mother. It's a learning experience."

"But -" he stammers. "We pull pranks. If anything we are the children."

I laugh at him. I would agree, we can be very difficult with others sometimes.

"Who says we have to completely stop pulling pranks?" I ask.

"A dad," he whispers to himself again, looking down at the test.

I try to read his expression. A smile making its way onto his face. He throws the test towards the pillows and pulls me into his arms, making me fall onto the bed besides him. We both let out a roar of laughter.

"We are going to be the perfect parents," he says.

I smile at him. We both go silent, I play with the edge of his pajamas shirt deep in thought. It's not fair that Regulus and Marlene will never have a family together. I know they both were on opposing sides, but they loved each other with every ounce of their being.

"You know what I was thinking," I say, breaking the silence. Sirius looks at me in anticipation. "If it's a boy, I want to name him Regulus. And if it's a girl, I want to name her Marlene. That way, they won't ever be forgotten."

Sirius’s eyes hold back forms of pain. My eyes search for something more. It might've been too early to mention either one of those names. Marlene mostly. Her death still stings my heart.

"I think that's a great idea," he says after a moment. "They would've appreciated it."

I curl up into his arms. Neither one of us wants to talk more. Both in distance memories of Marlene and Regulus.