Part 39:

"Wait," a voice cuts through all the murmuring. The Auror’s stop walking looking for the source of the voice.

Alastor Moody comes hobbling out of the crowd. This makes people murmur even more. Alastor is a very respected Auror, why is he wasting his time on me?

"Got a problem?" The black haired Auror asks Alastor.

"She didn't do anything wrong," he replies.

"We caught her stealing in the confidential room," the brown haired one says.

"I let her in," Alastor said. "She was helping me look for something. If you would've investigated better you would've found me there too."

Both Aurors stare at each other, each one wondering what they were supposed to do in this information. Neither one of them wanted to go against the powerful Auror.

"If you'll excuse us," Alastor said, taking me out of the others grasp.

He moves us down a hallway, away from any kind of prying eyes. Looking at me with a crooked look every once in a while.

"You going to tell me what you were doing with four confidential files?" He asks me.

"Putting them back," I reply shortly.

"Why did you have them?" He said gruffly.

"Alastor," I start, "some of the papers from Sirius’s file were missing."

He looks around the empty hallway, worried that somehow someone would over hear us talking.

"A lot of things about Sirius Black's are missing," he says. "I don't think he killed those people, but everyone that tries to look into it disappears."

People are looking into Sirius’s case? I thought I was the only one who thought he was innocent.

"How many people went looking?" I asked. 

"Two others," he said. "Both of which disappeared. Layla be careful, you never know who is secretly loyal to Voldemort and will stop at nothing to find a way to get him back."

I nod my head. I already know that I have to be careful, though everyone who was an issue with bringing Voldemort back is in Azkaban.

"Why is there missing files, Alastor?" I asked in a whisper.

"Someone tampered with it," he said. "I don't know who, but someone very important."

Someone walks down the hallway, giving both of us a strange look as he goes by.

"You got to go," he said. "And next time you want to steal from the Ministry. Don't."

With that he hobbles down the hallway. I sigh and walk towards the main part of the Ministry.