Part 40

Three years later

I clean up the kitchen with help from Molly. Both sets of twins run around the house playing with one another, while her other children went home with Arthur a couple minutes ago.

"Thank you for helping me clean up," I say to Molly.

"Of course dear," she says. "You shouldn't have to be subjected to the boy's mess."

I laugh while putting the dirty plates in the sink.

"Can't believe the twins are already four," I said.

"Sometimes I wish my boys and Ginny would stop growing," Molly said. "That they were still small enough to hold in my arms. But I guess to me they will always be like that."

"Do fathers even realize they grow up?" I ask Molly.

"Of course. They pay more attention than most people give them credit for."

I let out a soft laugh. She has a point. Remus notices every small centimeter the boys grow and this is the closest thing they are going to get to a father figure.

Once the dishes are put away, I walk to the table with a cloth and wipe off the spilled cake frosting.

"The kids seemed to have a great time," Molly said.

"I hope they did," I said, "your family is very important to me and the boys."

Molly made a crying noise but turned away before I could see anything. I didn't say that to make her cry, I thought she would've felt the same way.

"Molly?" I ask.

She turns back towards me, wiping bits of tears from her eyes.

"Oh dear," she said, bringing me into a soul crushing hug. "I love you!"

"Love you too, Molly," I breathe out.
The twins run into the kitchen. Molly releases from the hug to stare at them.

"Mum?" George asks. She gives them a questioning look. "Can Reggie and Leo sleep over?"

"Oh dears," she said, "that's not my decision to make."

The set of twins look at me with hopeful eyes. I could use the quiet. Plus they will be in good hand with Molly and Arthur. Plus, who knows how Remus is going to act when I tell him I already bought my plane ticket to America.

"I don't have a problem with it," I answer. "Come on, let's go get you a bag."

I move the twins up towards their room. Grabbing out two small bags, large enough to hold their blankets and a change of clothes. Plus their toothbrushes.

Once that was done, I met Molly and her twins in the sitting room. I gave Fred and George some floo powder before handing some to Molly, who was holding the boys.

"Try not to worry too much," she said.

She dropped the floo powder and the house went quiet. I just have to wait for Remus to get home, then it won't be as quiet.