Part 23

May 22nd rolls around the corner in a blink of an eye. I wander around the kitchen, making the boys a birthday cake. They can't really eat it, but the guest surely can. It would've been done a couple hours ago, but last night was a full moon and Remus had to go to the house. So it's just me, making a cake and taking care of the boys. Meaning my stress levels are through the roof.

I put the last of the frosting on the cake, then Leo started crying. My shoulders deflate in stress. I take a deep breath before picking Leo up from his highchair. I bounce him on my hip as I try to put the frosting away.

A knock on my front door sends me into a panic. I look at the clock, 7:00 PM. I've been so busy preparing the cake I totally forgot to make the main course.

I place Leo back into his highchair, ignoring his cries for me. I open the door to see Molly, Arthur, Andromeda, and Teddy standing outside.

"Hello," I say, standing to the side to let them in. Each one of them hello as they walk into the house.

I lead them all into the kitchen, where I finally pick Leo back up, making his screaming stop.

"Sorry guys," I say. "I got so distracted I forgot to make the dinner. But I do have the cake!"

"Oh doll," Molly says, taking Leo from my arms. "Don't worry about it. In fact we will help you make it. It'll be done within thirty minutes."

"No," I start, but she holds up her hand to make me stop.

"The men will watch Regulus and Leo while we start dinner," she says.

"I couldn't ask -" I start.

"Where should we start Molly?" Andromeda starts.

"Get me a pan," Molly says, rolling up her sleeves. I shake my but go along and help.

Within thirty minutes we have a full chicken dinner to hand out to everyone.

"That wasn’t so hard was it?" Andromeda says.

I shake my head with a smile as I hand Arthur a plate of food. He takes it with a smile.

We all get onto the topic of our children. Molly left her seven children at home with Nymphadora. Bill is supposed to be watching everyone to make sure they aren't getting in too much trouble.

"Sometime I think Percy is going to rip Bill's head off some days," Molly says with a laugh. Everyone follows after.

"Moony," a little voice screeches out. I turn to see Leo throwing his hands around in the air. "Moony!"

Everyone starts to laugh. I jump up and softly take him out of his highchair.

"Did you just say your first word?" I ask with a huge smile on my face. "Say it again."

"Moony!" Leo says again, then lets out a bunch of babbling after.

Molly stands us walking over to me, Andromeda follows soon after. Molly pulls me into a hug, making sure to not squish Leo.

"We should probably get going," she said.

"But you haven't even had any cake," I say, looking around for a knife.

"Layla," Andromeda says, putting a hand out to stop me. "You need to get rest. You're stressing too much."

I take a deep breath. Molly and Arthur say their goodbyes, making sure they take a slice of cake with them. Soon Andromeda and Teddy follow after.

I take Regulus and Leo up to the bedroom setting them down in their cribs, before walking over to the desk and grabbing out another parchment.

Dear Sirius

Leo said his first word today. He said "Moony," can you believe it. After I'm the one that birthed him, he had the audacity to say Moony? They must be spending too much time with Remus. But, at least I have enough time to brainwash Regulus into his first word. I hope you're okay, I love you.

Till next time
Lottie