Part 51

The day of travel. Both boys are energetic. Regulus talks nonstop of wanting to be placed into Gryffindor. Leo says he doesn't care where he is put as long as his friends still talk to him.

"Got everything boys?" I ask before making our way into the station.

"Yup," they both said at the same time.

The station was packed with many Muggles. Some ran to their station, possibly about to miss their train. Others calmly walked.

"Alright boy," I say. "Platform 9¾."
I followed the boys. They pushed their trolleys as they read the platform numbers trying to find the correct one. A couple more seconds and they stop between platforms.

"What next?" Reggie asked.

"You run at the wall," I say. The boys stare at me confused. Laughing, I put my arms around the boys. "To get to our platform you need to run between 9 and 10. You can walk, but running is a bit better."

"Neat," Reggie said.

Before I could say anything else, he was running towards the wall. In an instant he disappears, now standing on the correct platform.

I turn to Leo. "Your turn." Leo stares at the wall, an anxious expression on his face. "Do you want to do it together?" He nods.

I grab onto Leo's trolley handle, he looks up at me and I give him a slight nod. Waiting for him to start, I walk towards the wall with him. The space between us eventually shifted into a different train platform. Reggie is waiting for us.

"Alright Reggie and Leo," I say when we get to the loading doors. "Go ahead and find your seats, I'll stay until the train leaves."

One by one, they hand some things to the conductors before grabbing their other belongings to be placed with them. Before they loaded onto the train, I hugged and kissed them goodbye until they got annoyed.

"Send lots of letters," I called after them.

Waiting on the platform for the boys to file onto the train and find their seats. The sounds of a family grab my attention.

"Molly," I say.

"Oh, Layla," she starts. "It's so good to see you. Are your boys excited for their first year?"

I looked towards the twins who were talking to the ginger haired boys in their seats, completely forgetting we were here. "I'm more worried than they seem to be. It's as if they've wanted to leave me forever."

"They come back."

"Oh, I know."

It was silent for a brief second.

"Where's Harry and Ron?" Molly says, slightly worried.

"Did they already get on the train?" Arthur interrupts.

"Oh, I suppose. Ronald is going to have a Howler about this. Getting on the express without saying goodbye…"

The train releases their breaks, signalling they were about to get moving. I stood there long after the train was gone and for the second time that day, I wished Sirius was here to witness this…