Part 31

Days after my talk with Andromeda and Teddy, Remus and I make my way up to Molly and Arthur's door. Leo and Reggie in their stroller. It’s a pretty cool summer night.

I knock on the door, it opens within seconds to a smiling Arthur.

"Remus and Layla! Glad to see you both," he says guiding us into the Burrow.

The Burrow is cleaner today than last month we saw them. Don't blame them though, having seven kids must be very tough for them. Especially when the twins keep getting into trouble.

"Leo," one of the twins screams running towards us.

"George be careful," Arthur says. George comes to a halt before the stroller. He gives me these excited eyes.

I laugh and pull Leo and Reggie from the stroller. I hand Reggie to Remus, who takes him with a big grin. I place Leo on the floor by the couch, George sitting in front of him. Seconds later Fred runs into the room with a bunch of blocks to keep Leo entertained.

"Those three are going to be great friends," Molly says walking into the room. She wipes her hands off on her apron.

I take Regulus back from Remus while Arthur pulls him off to his shed. I walk into the kitchen to see what I can help, the boys in the other room laughing and playing.

"Anything I can do to help?" I ask Molly.

"Oh no, dear," she says. She places a bowl of pudding onto the table.

Fighting in the other room grabs Molly's and mine attention. We both look around the corner. George and Fred fight over a block while Leo stares at each of them with curious eyes. 

Fred pushes his hand out, pushing George away from him. This action made George fall backwards onto the floor with a thud.

"Fredrick Weasley!" Molly calls out. The twins stare at her with wide eyes. "You both share! Don't make me tell you again."

The boys nod their head and go back to playing. Molly goes back to setting the table. I can't help but laugh.

"What?" She asks.

"They are like reincarnated Fabian and Gideon," I say.

Molly stares at me, shock lining her face. Oh no, I screwed that up. Shouldn't have brought up her dead brothers.

"Sorry Molly," I say, trying to cover up the mistake that I made.

"No, no," she says shaking her head. "You're right. I just never noticed until you said something."

"I still shouldn't have said anything," I said.

"Don't worry about it dear," she said. "I made my peace a while ago. If we don’t talk about them, then their memory will fade and where would we be then? Nowhere."

She goes back to setting the table. The happiness and light conversation seemed to go along with it.

I feel bad for bringing them up. They were her brothers and their life was taken so quickly. They should still be here with us right now. If only those death eaters weren't being so evil, they could be here today. So would so many others...

"I miss them," I whisper. Molly stops what she was doing. "It's okay to miss them."

She nods her head, taking a deep breath. "I know," she says. "I miss them everyday. It does get better though."

I walk over and give her a hug with my free arm. Regulus joining in after a moment. I can feel Molly give a sincere smile.

"We got this," I whisper to her. "Now, let's get dinner ready."