Part 52

The first week came and went. The house was eerily quiet as I didn't have twins running about making things complicated. I didn't know what to do with myself.

Our family owl flies into the house with a couple letters. I give him some food before opening the first one.

Dear Layla,
In case you haven't heard yet, Ron and Harry stole our car and flew it into the Whomping Willow. They are alright, don't fret. And I handled Ron. Those boys are going to be the death of us. Between what happened last year, I can only imagine what trouble they could get into this year. Oh, I don't want to know!
I got a letter from George that mentioned Leo. He says Leo is slowly starting to get the hang of things and that he's helping Leo with his potions and transfiguration classes. Those two boys are practically inseparable at this point.
Love,
Molly

I smile at the last line. They have always been closer than the others. Like they have a strange connection. Maybe Leo fancies George or George fancies Leo. Either way, their connection is sweet.

Setting down Molly's letter, I open the next.

Dear mum,
I got sorted into Hufflepuff. Isn't that cool. So far I've met a very nice boy named Cedric. He helped show me around the castle. This place is huge! I still can't believe you, dad, uncle Remus, and uncle James would walk about when you were bored and still made it to class.
George also helped me find my first class. He even invited me to help prank Mr. Filch with him and Fred. I honestly was scared he was going to act differently when he was around his other friends, but I should've known better.
Anyway, I got to go.
Love you!
Leo

I wondered why I didn't get this sooner. It would've been nice to know what house they got into. Here I thought I would have to wait till Christmas holiday, but I guess the letter didn't make it in time.

If there was one from Leo, there had to be one from Reggie.

Dear mum,
I got sorted into Slytherin. The one house that I didn't want. I would've even taken Ravenclaw! Wasn't uncle Regulus a Slytherin? Maybe the hat thought that I was him?
I met our cousin, Draco Malfoy. He has been helpful... not really helpful. He tries to ask me how dad killed those people. Besides that he has been helping me find my classes, but really I feel like he just wants people to back him up on his bullying.
Also Professor Snape is acting really weird around me and Leo. Do you two know each other?
Anyway, love you.
Reggie

I read each of the letters again, trying to savor the fact they wrote to me. When it came to replying, I already knew what to ask them. More detail about this, how they like their Hogwarts Houses, how they feel about being away from home. Most questions they might not even answer.

Grabbing out three pieces of paper, I write each name at the top beginning my replies.