twenty-three | trying

You laid on the nicely-made bed and moved your hair away from the back of your neck. Your girlfriend smiled and sat next to you on the bed.

"Y/N..." She stroked your torso as she spoke. "I need you to hear this. Anything I do, if you don't like it, or if you just don't want to keep going, if you're uncomfortable with any of it, you just tell me and I'll stop. I promise. I'm not gonna do anything you don't want me to. Communicate with me about what you want, about what feels good and what doesn't. Understand, beautiful?"

"Yeah, I hear you. I love you, JJ." You watched a smile creep onto her face.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Now, can I kiss you some more?"

"Please do," you said brightly. JJ once again smiled and straddled your hips. She bent down and kissed your lips, her tongue entering your mouth. She moaned quietly. You loved her slow kissing; that was something she was so, so good at.

"Oh, you beautiful girl," she said with a drawn-out, low voice. "Let me kiss your neck, baby?"

"Yeah," you breathed. She moved to your jawline, leaving gentle and passionate kisses on your neck. "Can I put my hands on your waist?" you asked her. She hummed her affirmation, and your tentative hands met her waist.

"You're being such a good girl..." JJ murmured. She moved to kiss your collarbone for a little while. "You do whatever feels good to you, okay, baby? I've got you,"

"I love you, Jay,"

"Love you, baby."

You loved the sensation of her lips on you. You had been intimate with her before, and she was always so sweet and gentle; this time was somewhat different, in that she made sure to be careful with every move she made. Still, she was as kind and wonderful as ever. That would never change.

You tried to keep your mind focused on JJ, her body and her movements. She moved back up to kiss you on the lips. "Baby girl, am I okay to keep going?"

"Yes, Jay," you moaned softly.

"Okay. Can I take off your shirt, or no? It's okay if you don't want to." You thought for a moment, and JJ noticed your slight unease. She trailed her fingers through your hair. "Hey, no pressure, love. It's completely your choice. I know you've been, uh, less than confident in your body and me seeing you lately. If you don't want to, that's totally fine,"

"I'm...I'm not sure. I just don't want..."

You had trailed off. JJ kissed your lips before asking, "What don't you want, love?"

"Just..." You kissed her. "I know you'd never hurt me. There's, there's just..."

"That little part of you that's scared and doesn't want to get hurt."

You couldn't look in her eyes, but confirmed with a teary-eyed nod.

JJ nodded back. She held you by your chin, turning your face upwards, and said, "I know. It's perfectly normal." Her fingers made their way back into your hair. "My girl," she kissed your head, "my beautiful girl, I promise, I would never do anything to hurt you. We're not gonna do something you're not ready for." She kissed you, and you gave a little moan out of the kiss.

"Mm, Jay?"

"Yes, baby?"

You adored the patient look on her face. "You, um...could you, um, kiss me for a little while longer, then I can decide?"

JJ smiled and said, "Of course. That sounds great. Now, where do you want me to kiss you, baby?"

"Neck, lips," you replied. JJ moved in to kiss you, her lips gentle and caring but firm. "Oh, that's so good, Jay." You knew how much she adored your praise and affirmations.