twenty-one | run, forrest, run

"What made you decide?" JJ wondered as she handed you a plate of French toast. "Or do you not know?"

"I..." You controlled your breathing so you didn't cry, again. You'd been so emotional lately. "I don't know, I guess...I do want kids. Not like this. But I—I love my future kids, no matter how far off in the future, way more than I hate that bitch." JJ tried not to crack up at you calling Levi a bitch. "It's okay, I meant it to be funny," you laughed.

"Okay, good," she laughed along.

"I don't know if that even makes sense, and I know it would make a lot more sense to have an abortion in this situation—"

"Stop," JJ interrupted. "It's not just about 'what makes sense' for the situation. It's about how you feel. If you want to do this, we're gonna do it." She put her hand on yours, holding it tight. "Okay?" She raised her eyebrows, eliciting a nod from you.

"Okay, yeah,"

"I know you like logic. You're too much like your sister." You chuckled. You bit into the toast and smiled at JJ, showing her you'd be okay.

You had brushed your teeth after you got up; JJ drank her coffee with breakfast and then went to brush her teeth, being all too considerate. She didn't mind it at all, either.

JJ wanted to watch a movie, and you happily obliged. She put on Forrest Gump and got you to sit with your legs over her lap, her arms encasing you in a hug. "I love you," she mumbled. Against her chest, you could feel the vibrations of her voice in your head.

"I love you," you echoed.

At some point early on in the movie, you took one of her hands off you and held it in your own, absentmindedly playing with it and giving it occasional kisses.

Your hand ended up just resting in JJ's, until she moved her hand to be almost on your side, slightly to the front on your waistline. She stroked your belly with her thumb. You touched and kissed the back of her hand. That was what made her realize.

"Oh, sorry, love, I—that was unconscious,"

"No, that's okay, I'm...I'm still just a little uncomfy about it all," you admitted. "Less, but still..."

"Alright, baby girl, I got it. I'm sorry, I didn't realize,"

"I'm fine," you sighed. "You smell really nice."

JJ chuckled and kissed the top of your head. She loved you too much to ever want to let go. Her kisses peppered your head. You leaned against her still, only comfortable in her arms.

JJ gave you a thousand kisses before you fell asleep — just after Forrest decides to go home after running for so long. You had, at some point, moved to your favorite position of 'curled up with your head in her lap'.

JJ did not mind that you were sleeping in her lap; she was happy you could manage to sleep at all. She wanted you to sleep well lately, but you'd been frequently awakening in the night to use the bathroom or to be sick.

Sometimes JJ woke up with you, but most nights she actually didn't. You wanted to let her sleep, because she didn't need to be waking up each night with you.

These interruptions, however, left you drained throughout the day, of which your girlfriend definitely took note. She advised that you should sleep whenever you needed, so long as you weren't at work.

JJ absolutely adored seeing you sleeping in her lap or her arms or beside her in bed. She thought you looked adorable when you were asleep (as well as the rest of the time, but particularly then).

You slept through the end of Forrest Gump, and JJ put on something else that she didn't much care for. She didn't play with your hair or anything. She simply let you sleep.

She whispered, so quiet that even if you'd been awake you might not have heard, "I'm so in love with you, you incredible girl of mine. I'm proud to be your girlfriend."

You moved slightly to snuggle further into her, yet stayed asleep, and JJ relaxed once you had settled. Her hands once again found themselves in your hair.

You hadn't been sleeping for all that long, and it wasn't late whatsoever — still morning, in fact — so while she wouldn't have woken you up, JJ was mindful of you trying to keep a somewhat consistent sleep schedule; when you woke up, she made no efforts to get you back to sleep.

"Mm," you moaned softly, "hi." Looking up at JJ's sweet face, you smiled. She grinned down at you, too.

"Hi, baby. How was your nap?"

"Good," you mumbled. "I love how you play with my hair. My favorite thing is laying in your lap. Thank you, Jay." Your voice was quiet and meek now, though all the while you maintained your smile.

"Oh, of course, darling. I love making you happy. Your smile is such a pretty sight." She stroked your cheek with her thumb.

"You're the sweetest, Jay." You sat up and hugged her, just wanting to exist in her arms.

"Can I kiss you, beautiful?" she asked you. You responded by just going for it. "Is that a yes?" she chuckled out of it.

"Yes, Jayje," you laughed back before resuming the kissing.

You felt her tongue against your bottom lip and you hummed to encourage her. You turned your whole body to fully face her. She hummed a gentle moan, making you smile. Uneasily you put your hand on her hip.

You and JJ both pulled away at the same time, funnily enough. The way she looked at you with so much wholehearted care and passion in her eyes struck something inside of you. This was love, right here.

"JJ, you need to know how much I love you," you breathed. She smiled, and leaned in to kiss your lips, then your forehead. "More than anything," you continued.

"I know, pretty girl. I love you too. Every day of my life, I promise I'll be in love with you."

She held you so your head rested on her shoulder. Your sweet girlfriend was utterly perfect, and you were undoubtedly aware of how she loved you.

"You're a really good kisser, by the way," JJ chuckled. You smiled and looked up at her.

"Not bad yourself, Jareau."