Bonus chapter (Tenko Shimura edition)

Tenko Shimura was quite a young boy when tragedy came over him, a quirk of all things ruined his life. his family now dead, he was alone, wondering around town hoping heroes would save him. They didn't.

(3rd POV)

Of course people saw the 7 year old boy walking around the streets, though no one dared help him seeing he was covered in blood. the boy dropped down onto a bed of grass after walking for hours. he felt a stinging pain in his hand. when looking up he saw red flowers surrounding him. He hadn't noticed them until he fell into one of the rose's thorns.
"Oh.." He muttered, more confused than anything. He kept looking at the roses, wondering how he hadn't noticed them.
Tenko recognized the flowers, he had seen them in his garden at home. Mom had told him they were her roses, mom's favorite flowers. Tenko was always scared he was going to hurt them if he played around them, so him and his sister played on the other side of the garden.

He slept on that bed of grass in the park that evening, his hand still hurt from falling into the roses. it was bleeding too so he tried stopping it by pushing his already bloody shirt against the small cut.

He was woken up the next morning, by an old man yelling at him to fuck off and stop ruining the beautiful flowers.
"Hey old man leave the poor kid alone!" A woman yelled at the man. Tenko just watched, he didn't want to get in trouble, he was enjoying the flowers too, he didn't want to ruin them.
The lady who had told the man to stop yelling later came walking to him.
"Hey boy, are you ok do you need any he-" She just then noticed his blood covered shirt and pants. She never finished her sentence, instead she walked off not bothering to look back. Tenko looked at her confused and scared. Why didn't she want to help him.

He stayed with the roses for another while, every once in a while people walked past and quickly too, they didn't want to help him either. After another day passed Tenko decided to keep on walking, he was hungry and was going to ask mom for food, until he remembered what he had done to mom. He couldn't go home, didn't want to either. He looked back at the roses once more, they were his favorite. Mom would've liked them too. He plucked a single red rose and put it in his hair before leaving the park. He liked the red one because mom always said it would match his eyes. She had been right.

He found a small alley behind a restaurant, the container behind the building was filled with old food, it was still eatable but not good enough to serve in the restaurant itself. Tenko could smell it, when he managed to climb into the trash can he saw a plastic container filled with grapes and apple. Tenko liked grapes.
"Hey what are you doing over there!?" A man approached him right as he had began eating. Tenko froze, not knowing what to do. He scratched his neck nervously, the man coming closer to him, until he saw the blood. The man let him be, afraid of what would happen to him if he came any closer. Tenko still didn't understand why people didn't want to talk to him. He finished some of the grapes, leaving a bit for later in the day if he got hungry again.

(15 years later (22 y/o))

"Hey Shiggy, why do you like roses so much?" Dabi asked after the Hanahaki incident. Shigaraki shrugged, not really wanting to think back to the time he lived on the streets, even though it was only a few days before Sensei found him, he didn't like to think back to it.
"They were my mom's favorite." He mutters, not explaining much else. Aizawa also questioned it later, he gave the same answer. Both the men still wondered on why else because of how hesitant Shigaraki had been.

"Hey Giran, can we ask you something?" Giran turned around, Dabi and Aizawa had entered his room without bothering to knock first so he knew it was urgent.
"Yes?"
"Why does Tomura like roses so much?" Giran hesitated for a moment, he knew, Sensei had told him about everything he had to know about Tomura so yeah he knew this as well.
"It's quite a long story." He mutters, not sure if he was allowed to even tell them. Dabi snorted and Aizawa sat down on one of the chairs that were randomly scattered around the room.
"We have time, please tell us." Aizawa was always the calm one. Dabi was the angry one, he didn't really care but he still wanted to know. Giran sighed and gestured for Dabi to sit down as well, he did.

"You know how he killed his parents? On accident of course." Both the men nodded. "Well, after that he was homeless for quite some time, he eventually ended up in a small park in the middle of town. He found a small grass field and went to sleep there, before he could he noticed a small group of roses, his mother's favorite. I think since then he realized how much he liked the flowers." Dabi snorted.
"That's cringe."
"Touya." Aizawa stood up and thanked Giran for his time. He walked out, followed by Dabi who was cussing him out for calling him by his first name. Aizawa and Tomura were at that time the only ones to know Dabi's real identity.
"Cut it out Dabi you're giving me a headache." Deku groaned as they entered the living room. Tomura was watching he two men enter carefully, Aizawa sat down next to him, followed by Dabi.

They never mentioned they knew Tomura's real reason for liking the flowers, he didn't need to know and he would probably dust Giran if he knew that he told them.