part 26

{Deku's POV)

Eijiro comes back into the room and sits down on the couch once again. Eri went to sit down on top of the table I'm sitting by.
"Can I go outside??" She asks, I look up hesitantly.
"Ehm.. I don't think that's a good idea. Sorry Eri." Eijiro stands up and walks towards us.
"Why not? As long as someone goes with her it should be fine right? And you'd get some time for yourself."
"Eijiro. It's not smart.." He puts his hand on my shoulder.
"I'll go with her, we're just gonna get a coloring book at the store so Eri has something to do. It'll be fine Izu." I hesitate but eventually agree.
"Thank you, c'mon Eri." He kisses my cheek before walking over to the couch, where his jacket is laying over the arm rest.
"Thank you Mr. Deku!" Eri squeels smiling.
"Eijiro." Eijiro looks back at me.
"Hm?"
"If anything happens to her I will kill you." He just smiles.
"One, you wouldn't, and two, I won't let anything happen to her, don't worry so much." I nod. He's right I wouldn't kill him.
"We'll be back in a moment." He states before leaving, Eri following close behind him.

"Why are you so protective over her? You hardly even know her." Dabi asks after some time.
"You hardly knew me." I answer, only half listening.
".. fair enough."

"We're back!!" Eri announces, she climbs onto the table again and shows me what her and Eijiro 'bought'. She picked out a coloring book and crayons, a small book and a pen. She hands me the pen all while telling me she noticed my usual pen was running empty while I was writing in my notebook.
"I didn't even notice that." I say surprised, just not realizing it. Eri gives me a wide smile, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I see her smile like this.
"Thanks Eri." I glance up at Eijiro.
"Mr. Kiri payed for everything." Eri states.
"That's great Eri, can you just go to my room and play there for a bit, I need to have a word with Eijiro." Eri nods and leaves the room.
"You didn't pay for a single thing did you?"
"Did you expect me to?" I crack a smile. If course not. We're quite short on money recently.
"Not really no." Eijiro also smiles.
"Thought so."

{Timeskip to a few weeks later, the work studies started.}

"Where is Mr. Kirishima going?.." Eri asks, seeing him pack his school bag.
"He's going to school Eri, he'll be back around.. what time will you be back?" Eijiro checks something on his phone.
"Around 5 PM." He tells me smiling. I nod slightly.
"Alright." He finishes packing and walks over to me and Eri.
"Cya Eri, bye Love, I'll call you during break ok?" I nod. Eijiro leaves, Eri goes into our room and sits down at my desk with a small notebook.
"What're you doing Eri?" She looks up at me with a bright smile.
"I'm doing the same thing you do!" I raise an eyebrow.
"And what do I do?"
"You write down things about people! I saw you writing on a page about Mr.Kiri and I want to try it too!" I crack a smile.
"Do you want me to help you?" Eri nods, still smiling.
"Alright then."
We spend a big part of the day helping Eri fill in her own page. To be honest, it was mostly me half teaching her to write and her drawing herself in surprising detail.
Around 3 PM I check my phone and notice Eijiro had texted me.

(B-C: how are you Love? You didn't answer my call..)

Shit, I had been so busy with Eri I didn't even realize I missed his call.
"Just a moment Eri, I'll be right back."
"Ok."
I go into the hallway and call Eijiro.

"Izu, you didn't answer my call are you ok??" I crack a smile.
"I'm fine, don't worry. I was so busy I didn't even realize you had called me, sorry.." I hear Eijiro yell something to someone else on the other side of the phone.
"Sorry 'bout that, these assholes won't shut up.. Yes my boyfriend is calling me cam you fuck off now and let me have my break?" The second part was obviously meant for the other person. I vaguely hear them say something like.
"Hey! There's kids around, you should know better then to curse." That's bullshit.
"Fucking goody-two-shoes heroes, anyway, how's it going?" I ask. Eijiro chuckles.
"Pretty good, I'm on patrol right now and think I just saw You-know-who." I know who, Overhaul, despite that I say:
"Voldemort?" Eijiro just sighs, but laughs a bit.
"No! Izu, I don't mean Voldemort! You know who the fuck I mean." He states. I feel a grin forming on my lips.
"Soooo not Voldemort? Then I don't know who you're talking about." I state, still grinning.
"You're impossible, and I have to go. I'll cya in like two hours? It might become a bit later. Bye Love, tell Eri I said hi."
"I will. Bye Eijiro." I hang up and go back into the room.
"I'm back." I state, Eri looks up smiling.
"Eijiro said hi." Her smile turns even brighter upon hearing that and she tells me to tell Eijiro that she said 'hi' back. I didn't.

After some time I tell Eri I'm going out.
"Where are you going?" I shrug as I put on my coat.
"Just going to get some fresh air." I state.
"Dabi! I'm going out, need anything?" I hear a vague "new staples!" And with that I leave. First stop is the hospital for Dabi.

"Hello. Do you have surgical staples for sales here?" I ask the lady behind the counter. I've done this a million times already.
"No.. we don't sorry. If you need them you can come in here and ask a doctor the place them the safe way." Always that same lecture, Jezus I just need them for my brother.
"Oh.. alright, thanks anyway." I say before walking towards the exit, which is on the other side of a long hallway. Making it easy to create the illusion of leaving the hospital. Instead I round the corner quietly and go to look for the storage room.
I stop in my tracks when I hear a familiar voice.
"No! I won't believe my son is a villain! He's been idolizing heroes since he was able to talk properly! He wouldn't do something like that." I feel my whole body freeze in place when a green haired woman rounds the corner. She's following a police officer, who's face makes it obvious this isn't the first lecture the woman is giving him.
Both the police man and the woman stop when they see me in the middle of the hallway.
"Is there a problem young man?" That wakes me up and I quickly shake my head. Bad idea. The movement makes a few strands of my own green hair visible. The woman gasps and starts crying.
"Izuku?"