part 57

"So that was your sister? Jeez.." I nod hesitantly. What did Ria mean with "Momma isn't home anymore"?
"Are you alright? Maybe we shouldn't've left her there like that.." I look at Azarel in surprise, how does he still pity her she tried to kill him.
"I'm fine. And so is she." I type into my notes.
"If you say so.." he mutters, still looking worried. I say so. As long as I don't come across her again.
Right as I think of this I hear soft sniffling coming from the bushes, followed by short sobs.
"Oh my gods.." Azarel mutters as he stands up, offering me her hand. I gratefully take it and also stand up, immediately making my way towards the noise while drawing my dagger.
"El. Calm down even if it's her you have no reason to.. hurt her." It was obvious he hesitated at the last few words. She thought I would kill her. I gesture him away, the wave leaning more towards the gesture for don't worry.

"Elia.. please come home.." I stop walking upon hearing the words. Azarel bumps into me and quickly apologizes. I give him the sign for it's fine and I'm sorry, mostly cause I'm the one that stopped walking in the first place.
I bend over and see Ria laying on the ground, her knees pulled up into her face. I take a deep sigh and tap her on the shoulder with my empty hand. Her eyes snap open and flicker up.
"Elia?.." I shake my head. I take a glance at the same hand when I feel Azarel take it in his.
"P-please come h-home.. we miss you." We? Azarel squeezed my hand somewhat reassuringly. He was terrified herself, and probably the only thing keeping me from hurting the woman in front of me.
"Elia..s if that's your name now, please, come with me I've been trying to find you for years.." She tries taking my other hand, I quickly pull it away, my whole body stiffening at the short touch.
"Don't touch him.." Azarel mutters, Ria looks at him with slight disgust in her eyes.
"Who are you to decide that." The quiver in her voice had completely vanished. She sounded cold, like when we were younger and she used to yell at our dad.
"I'm his.. boyfriend." Azarel squeezes my hand again as I feel my face reddening.
"Is this true?" Ria turns back to me, her voice breaking slightly at 'true'. I simply nod, not showing any hesitation.
"Let's go El.. she's not worth it and We've got to go home." I nod and let myself get pulled away by Azarel. Leaving Ria once again.

"Next time I see her I'll kill her I swear." We're sitting in my room at the hideout, talking about what happened.
"Please don't." Azarel mutters, usually he doesn't care when I kill people, even called it cool a few times. Why is this time so different?
"Maybe you should give her a chance.. she didn't seem all that bad.." I raise my eyebrow. Not all that bad? She tried getting me back to my abuser's house.
"Shut it. Let's just go to bed." Azarel nods and lays down, not even bothering to move to the other bed like usually. Toga was staying at the Doctor's place again so we had the room to ourselves.
"Fine to me." He says as she cuddles up to me, burying her face into my stomach. I feel my cheeks heat up for the 4th time today but can't help the frown that's always playing on my lips. I quickly undid my ponytail and took of the red tie, but right when I started unbuttoning my blouse I felt someone looking at me. I look down and see Azarel smiling up at me.

"Go on I'm not going to do anything." He says, still smiling. I shake my head and move slightly downwards so I could rest my head on the multiple pillows Toga had given me.
"That's a shame, I would've liked seeing you like that..." Azarel mutters before once again resting his head on my stomach.
"Good night El." I tap his head twice 'good. Night' a smile forms on my friends face as she slowly begins to doze off. His jaw unclenches itself as his whole body relaxes.

How does he do it? She falls asleep so easily, how? I'll never understand some people, most of them are annoying and then you have this one, annoying but fine to hang around. She was caring in his own way and never looked down on people, even if they were miserable. Like how she even seemed to care about the girl who made me miserable, Ria.
I loved how he didn't care that I was a murderer. In stead he felt so comfortabel that he would even fall asleep just like this, so vulnerable, so sweet.

I didn't fall asleep for another while, I don't feel as comfortabel as Azarel to just fall asleep around people, I've learned my lesson on that topic.
At around 3 AM at night Azarel slowly opened her eyes, glancing up to me when realizing where he was.
"Good morning.." he mutters sleepily. I shake my head and point at the clock on my nightstand.
"Well technically that's morning." He whispers, I nod, giving in to his joke.

I gesture for him to get off me and grab my pack of cigarettes.
"You're gonna smoke now??" I just nod and walk to my balcony. Azarel also gets up and follows me.
"Why?" I shrug, not able to give him a real answer. He sits down on the edge, looking up at me with somewhat glowing yellow eyes.
"You really shouldn't smoke, it's killing." I know, that's like the whole point my friend. I just shrug again as I lean against the railing. I look down at the park where we left Ria and see her looking back at me. I take a few steps back. I hadn't expected her to still be there.
"What's wrong?" Azarel asks, standing back up. I point at where Ria had been standing just a moment ago. When I look back there's no one there anymore.
"What? El?" I quickly shake my head as a sign of "Don't worry about it." I could've sworn she was there just a moment ago..
".. if you say so.. let's go back to bed.." I nod and quickly finish my smoke. Azarel had already gone back inside while I put out my cigarette. I check the time once more and realize it's already almost 4 AM. I drop my now dead cigarette on the concrete platform and go back inside.