part 58

Once I'm back inside I immediately noticed Azarel is already fast asleep. I quietly make my way back to the bed and sit down on the edge, Azarel is taking up the majority of it so I'm just looking for a way not to wake her up. Unconsciously I stroke his hair, it's soft. She moves around a bit and I quickly pull my hand back, thinking I'd woken her.
His eyes open slightly.
".. Can we cuddle..?" I hesitate for a moment but nod. Azarel moves aside so I can lay down properly. I do so and he immediately cuddles up to me.

About an hour later I hear the door open and Toga enters the room. I glare at her and put my finger to my lips, gesturing to Azarel.
"Oh- sorry. Didn't know you had company." She whispers before flopping down on her own bed. I keep looking at her carefully, I thought she was staying at the Doctor's place? Toga looks back for a moment and reaches for the knife she regularly keeps under her pillow, like I have a gun there.
"Are you alright?" She asks, luckily for her still whispering. I nod slowly but protectively put my hand over Azarel's head. I'm not bothering to give Toga another glance as I just keep staring at the knife she's still holding in her hand tightly. (See picture above to see how Elias and Azarel are sitting)

I wait until Toga is asleep before trying it myself. With all that had been going on this night I feel like I should be more protective, I'll bandage the cut on Azarel's throat in the morning. I don't fall asleep though, once again I'm the only person awake in the room and I keep looking around to make sure no one else is in here. when the clock chimes for 6 AM I start waking up Azarel for school. It's quite a while away and I didn't sleep at all so I figured it's best for Azarel to wake up now.

I shake him around gently but all he does is groan and turn his head. I shake her again, a bit more rough now.
"What?.." She groans annoyed and sleepily. His eyes open slowly and I gesture at the clock. "oh.." They mutter as she slowly gets up. I nod and sit up myself, giving him the gesture for 'be quiet' and pointing at Toga, who is still fast asleep.
"Oh.." He repeats. ".. Do you have tea?" I nod slowly and stand up. I offer her my hand and help him up.
"Thanks.." He mutters, still sleepily rubbing her eyes. I nod and gesture for him to follow me. We go into the kitchen, where Kurogiri is already awake and looking at us with a skeptical frown, for as far as a cloud of mist can frown.
"Good morning, since when is he here?" I shrug and sit down at the bar. Azarel orders a cup of tea and asks what I want, I quickly point at the coffee machine.
"Your lucky I fixed it." There was a short silence before Azarel asked.
"Did you even sleep tonight? You look like crap." I shake my head, maybe I dozed in for a few minutes but I wouldn't call it sleep. I grab my coffee and take a sip. Azarel looks at me concerned.
"you should stay home then.. if you didn't sleep at all. That's not ok El." I just shrug again. But Azarel stays with the fact that I should stay home in stead of coming to school. That's when Midoriya enters the room and sees us sitting at the bar.
"Morning lovebirds, had a good night?" I shake my head, Midoriya's smile fades and he asks Azarel what happened.
"They couldn't sleep. I think it's because of what happened when we were hanging out.." I nod hesitantly.
"Well what happened?" Azarel explains about Ria and how she kept asking me to 'come home'. So we went home.
"Oh.. Jezus Christ, and you didn't sleep at all?" I shake my head. And once again I'm told to stay home, so eventually I just admit to it. When Azarel leaves for school I go back to bed, the moment I lay down face first into my pillow I start dozing off.

I wake up in a familiar room, but it's not my room at the hideout, it's not anywhere in the hideout. Didn't I go to bed in my room?
There's a loud banging on the door. I stand up on shaking legs, my hair getting all tangled up by the simple movement. The banging on the door gets louder and harder to the point where I think it's gonna fly out of its hinges. Stupidly, I try talking and for the first time in years I hear my own voice, not the voice in my head when I imagine what I sound like, it's actually me, the way I sounded before everything went wrong.

The door flies open. A tall man is standing in the doorway, the man has the same white hair as me and I recognize him in an instant.
"Papa.." I mutter, it feels weird to talk. It feels weird to be here in general but the only way out is through the door that's just been opened. I look around, all my old stuff is still here.
"You've disappointed me Elia." I feel my blood run cold at the harsh words. "That's not my name.." I mutter as I take a step back.
"Don't speak back to him!" A loud, high voice yells from behind the man. The man I dared called my father. The white haired man looked back slightly, concern crossing his face for a split second, before his eyes became harsh again.
"It would be better if you didn't speak at all if you ask me." The same high voice states. "momma.." I mutter, taking another step back at the man takes one forward.
"Well lets take care of that than." A loud scream ringed through my ears as the man I call my dad lifts me up by my legs and drags me out of the room.

I'm not here this is just a memory it's not real this isn't happening again this won't happen again this can't happen again. It's just a dream the moment I get hurt I'll wake up and not feel a thing. this isn't real.

The thoughts are cut off when another loud scream is heard. this one doesn't come from Ria. This one comes from me. I'm thrown across the room. I should wake up now why aren't I waking up!?