part 22

{Kirishima's POV}

I notice Izuku's eyes slowly closing, he still seems sad. Perhaps because of the dorms and the fact I'm leaving in the morning.
"Good night Eijiro.." he softly whispers
"Good night Izuku." I whisper back. I feel my own mind starting to doze off as well and can't help but attempt staying awake in the hope I'll be consciously cuddling with Izuku for just a little longer. Though, it's useless and within moments my mind goes blank and the only thing I hear is Izuku's steady breaths, which, in comparison to mine are more smooth and controlled.

I wake up what seems like just a few minutes later to Izuku desperately grabbing at my shirt and almost chocking me. My mind immediately focuses on short sobs coming from Izuku. I turn on the lamp on my nightstand and there I see him burying his face even deeper into my chest. I sit up, Izuku still grabbing at my shirt unconsciously moving with me, his head now resting on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him. His eyes shoot open in a panic and a small yelp escaping his mouth. He lifts his head still sobbing. It stops slightly when it registers where he is. His grip loosens as I softly whisper to him that everything is alright.

"No..."

"Yes. Everything will be fine, you're safe here." He shakes his head desperately.
"Why wouldn't it be alright Izu?" At the time I didn't think of what I called him.

"Kacchan.." I groan. But try to stay calm myself.
"What's with him?"
"He's gonna hurt you.." Izuku states in between sobs. I suppress a smile.
"Why do you think that?" I ask.

"He told me so.. he said he was going to hurt everyone I loved *sob* if he saw me one more time.." I frown.
"Well. He'd have to catch me first. And he doesn't know you love me." I tell him. Izuku calmed down a bit, sobbing less and less with every word I spoke.

"Just breathe now. Don't worry about anything. I'm here with you Izu. Just breathe." I whisper, over and over again, until he eventually slowly doses off again. I don't fall asleep anymore after that.

{Next morning}

I gently shake Izuku until he wakes up. A frown forming on his face when he notices dark circles under my eyes.
"Did you even sleep?" I lie and nod.
"Yeah. Anyway, I have to pack the rest of my stuff." Izuku slowly gets up and sits down on his own bed.
"Do you want me to make you coffee?" He asks, I shake my head.
"No time, sorry, school starts in about an hour." I head Izuku groan in annoyance.
"I'm sorry Izu.. You said it yourself, this is important." I look up and see him turning away.
"Why did you call me that?" He whispers. I shrug.
"It's easier. And sounds better in my opinion." He nods slowly.

"I still don't like you leaving." He repeats.
"I know." I say shortly.
When I'm finally done packing I put my bags at the front door and sit down on the couch. Izuku observing every move. I'm waiting for Toga to enter but them remember she left earlier this morning.

"Morning Lovebirds." Shigaraki says as he enters the main area.
"Are you going to call us that forever?" I ask smiling.
"Probably." Shiggy confirms. Izuku just groans.

"Got a problem Midoriya?"
"That's boss for you." I crack a smile. He was obviously in a bad mood, understandable.
"I apologize 'boss'." Shiggy groans sarcastically. Though, he apologizes again when Izuku reaches for his gun, which is in his coat, he's not wearing his coat. It's in our room hanging from desk chair.

"That's what I thought." Izuku sits up (he'd been hanging on my shoulder for quite a while) and finally takes a sip of his tea. I look at the clock and realize I'm gonna be late for school.

"I have to go." I mutter. Izuku glances at the clock and groans. I sigh.
"I'll call you when I have time ok?" He nods and also gets up.
"I'll walk you there." He states, going to get his coat.
"

Are you sure?" I ask cautiously. Izuku just nods and puts on his usual mask and beany.

The new base was quite a while away from UA, so maybe it would've been smart to leave earlier.

"You will call me right?" I nod.
"I will when I have time." The rest of the walk goes in silence.
When we finally make it to the school gates I see Kakinari and Mina waiting for me, they look at me, then at Izuku. Mina smirks. Without thinking about it I give Izuku one last kiss and run towards them.

"Oehhhh was that your boyfriend??" Mina asks immediately. I smile.
"I suppose." They immediately start asking for details but shut up when Aizawa approaches us.
"You're late." He grumbles.
"Sorry Aizawa-Sensei." We say simultaneously. Without waiting for another response we sprint towards the new dorm buildings.

"Do you think everyone is there already? We're pretty late." Mina nods.
"Yeah, probably.. I mean, everyone but Bakugou."
"Oh yeah, I heard he's still in the hospital!" I suppress a smile.
"Yeah. Midoriya changed a lot since middle school. He was a huge pushover at that time." Mina looks at me and just then I registers what I had said. Shit.
"I-I mean from what I saw he changed, h-he almost killed Bakugou." I shutter, hoping to save myself.
"Yeah we know what you mean." Mina muttered, though when she looked at me it was obviously clear she didn't believe a word I said.

{A/N: sorry it took so long to update- I'm on vacation so I probably won't be able to update til I'm home, sorry}