Part 3

Apparently I'd fallen asleep while doing homework the night before cuz I was drooling over my notes. I shot up and quickly changed into a clean uniform. I threw away the registration form for UA, it was no use trying to get in anyway. When I'm done I go to the kitchen to make breakfast. Mom's already at work, so I'm alone in the house. I have to hurry up though, I woke up later then expected.

Once ready to leave for school, I realize I forgot to pack my notebook. Is it really worth it, I'll be late if I don't leave now.. But it has All-Might's signature. But I also really don't want Kacchan to have another reason to bully me.
Eventually I just leave without taking my notebook, it's no use making notes on heroes anyway. I can't be one, so I don't need all that information.

"Hey!" I turn around and see Kirishima run towards me.
"Oh- Hey Kirishima." He stops running and keeps walking next to me. "You don't go to the same school as me, right?" He shakes his head.
"No, Mine is a bit further away, but we go the same route, so I thought why not walk together." That's weird.. Anyway.
"Did you try signing up for UA?" I shake my head. "Why not?!"
"It's no use anyway. I shouldn't waste my time by trying to be a hero without a quirk. It's a useless waste of my time." I state. "Oh.. Did that Bakugou guy tell you that??" I shake my head again.
"A hero told me.. I asked him if I could be a hero without a quirk and he told me I couldn't and that I should give up on it."
"What hero would say that?! I bet that if you asked another hero they'd say you could at least give it a try, they say All-Might's in town. Try asking him maybe?" All-Might huh. I tried that.
"No.. He's the one I asked. He said no." Kirishima stops in his tracks and looks at me.
"That's messed up. Why would he say that?! Isn't he supposed to be the one to tell everyone they're gonna be ok?" I nod.
"That's what I thought." I mutter. Kirishima quickly smiles, as if trying to lift the mood and comes walking next to me again.
"Well, whatever you do. Don't give up on being a hero, you can become a police officer.."
"I'll just be in their way." I state.
"Detective?"
"Again, I'd just be in their way."
"Anything to help heroes?"
"I'll. Just. Be. In. The. Way." I said it like I was talking to a child. Pausing after every word to be sure he'd understand it this time.
"I. Am. Not. A. Child." He answered in the same dumb way. I cracked a smile.
"Sorry. I know you're trying to help me, but I don't think I can do anything without being in the way."
I knew it was true.
"That's a lie." I heard a lower voice say from behind me. I immediately recognized it as Dabi's.
"It's not." I turn around and start walking backwards to face him. "Hey kid." He said.
"What're you doing here anyway? I thought you said you weren't gonna come back here?" He just shrugs.
"I'm trying to get out of town. Was gonna ask you to come.. for some reason." I look at him with a questioning look. Yesterday he was annoyed that I followed him around. And now he's asking me to come with him. That's weird right?
"Ehm.. I'll think about it?" I said it still hesitant. Dabi shrugged and handed me a piece of paper.
"If you change your mind this is where I'll be." I nod and stuff the paper in my pocket.
"Thanks I guess." I mutter before pulling Kirishima's arm to sign that we're leaving.

"Who was that guy?" We're almost at my school. "His name is Dabi. I met him a few weeks ago." I lie, not wanting to worry my new friend any more.
"You're not actually going with him are you? He looks like a creep." I crack a smile. It was true, Dabi did look like a creep. But he was pretty nice I guess.
"I'll be fine. Why are you even so concerned about me all the time? Yesterday was one thing. But why now? I don't even know you that good." Kirishima hesitated.
"Because, that's what a hero does. You were told to kill yourself. So I should be concerned." I shake my head. It was silent the rest of the way to my school.
When we arrived I said bye to Kirishima who looked at Kacchan for a moment and then walked away. When he's out of sight Kacchan comes towards me. I glance at where Kirishima left to and kind of hope he comes back. Or maybe that Dabi comes back, he was strong enough to save me yesterday.
"Hey Deku!" I take a few steps back trying to avoid the explosion that's coming my way.
"H-hey Kacchan. Do you need something?" I ask. Kacchan doesn't say anything when he pushes me down. He puts one of his feet on my back making sure I can't get up.
"Shitty Deku! You wanna be a hero that bad?! Get up then!" He shouts. I try doing what he says but he only pushes me down more.
"Well then?! Get up nerd!" I can't. He keeps pushing me down, so hard that I can hardly breath anymore and I have to bite my tongue so I don't scream out in pain.

The bell rings and Kacchan finally walks away while still laughing at me. I try following him but wince in pain and almost fall back to the ground before I can even take a step.
The second bell rings and I'm still struggling with getting inside. When I finally make it to the door I realize someone had already locked it. Shit. I think of what to do for a moment and then think back to Kirishima.
"That's what a hero does, you were told to kill yourself, so I should be concerned." He had told me.
There was no way Kacchan was gonna be a good hero, not with that attitude. I sit down next to the door. I feel my pockets and feel the paper Dabi had given me. It had an address written on it.

"****street nr.17"

I'm wondering if I should go there, maybe I could help him more. I try getting up and after trying for a while I manage to (Painfully) Walk again.
"Midoriya?" I turn around and see Kirishima, that's weird..
"Kirishima? Shouldn't you be at school?" I notice a bruise on his arm. "No, apparently school was canceled.. You?" I hesitate and look back at my school building.
"Midoriya?" "Yes?" "Shouldn't you be inside??" I look at the bruise again, what happened to him?
"I got locked outside." I stated before trying to walk away, it still hurt.
"Are you ok?? You look like your in pain." I look at Kirishima.
"I'm used to it, what's with the bruise?" He quickly pulls down his sleeve.
"What bruise?"
"Don't play dumb. I saw it, what happened??" He touches the place of the bruise and looks away.
"Fine. You're not the only one that gets beaten up. The only difference is that I tried using my quirk to defend me." His quirk? "What's your quirk?" He didn't answer.
"Kirishima?" "It's hardening." He activates his quirk and parts of his hands became hard. I touched it, when I did the hardening disappeared.
"I'm sorry!" I yelp taking a step back.
"Don't worry about it. It's really weak, this happens all the time and I can't do anything about it!" He complains.
"Hm.. Well, I'm going home now, you can come if you want. I don't have much to do.." I mutter.
"Nah, sorry. I got to go home, my parents will get worried." He states. Alright I guess.

When I arrive home I immediately go into my bedroom, throw all of my books out of my bag and pack it with clothes. I change out of my uniform and throw on some regular clothes.
I take the piece of paper Dabi had given me and search up the address on my phone. It's a small abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. Why would anyone want to stay there?? Doesn't matter. I don't want to stay here anymore.