part 50

(Azarel's POV)

A few weeks before school starts I texted Elias to hang out, but the only thing I got back was a short "can't" without the usual explanation to follow. I decide to take a walk out, maybe I'll see them, maybe I won't. Maybe they're out killing a person with one of the league members I don't know but it would be fucking cool if it was the last one.

And as hoped, when I crossed a seemingly abandoned alley I get a small glimpse of white hair, tied back into a low ponytail.
I run into the alley and see Elias walking with a small girl, his sister.. I think that's what the girl said at least. I just keep following them until they stop at a dead end.
Just then I step on a piece of glass and it shatters under my feet. The noise coming from it is apparently enough for Elias to turn around, knife drawn and his sister now behind him. He lowers the knife upon seeing me. I'm glad.
"Elias what's your boyfriend doing here?" I feel my cheeks redden slightly.
"Ehm.. I saw you guys passing the alley and wondered if you can hang out now.." I mutter. Elias, who now that I notice it is covered in blood, takes off his mask, revealing the usual frown.
"No. He's hanging out with me so you can just leave." His sister states. Isn't she like ten years old? Elias hits her over the head softly and walks towards me.
He takes out his phone and send me a short text.
"Can hang out but I have to ask Midoriya first."
I nod and lead him out of the alley, not really caring about the blood.
"Fine to me. Me place or your place?" I'd gotten used to hanging out at his place after he finished training with the league.
He points to me which I think means my place.
"My place?" They nod. I notice its sister following us closely.
"Elias, dad said you had to look after meeeee" she whines. Elias glares at her annoyed.
"You can't escape that. I'm either coming with you guys or I'm telling dad you left me alone." Elias puts his mask back on. Concealing his annoyance.
He gestures to me to just ignore her.
"Aww c'mon man, she can't be so bad, just let her come with us. My brother isn't home by the way, he's been busy making sure UA is safe." Elias nods.

We reach my house and as expected the door is still locked. I open up and lead Elias and his sister to my room.
"You should go clean yourself up. The bathroom is.. you know where it is." Elias nods again and goes into the bathroom. Already taking off his shirt on the way. I stop in my tracks when I notice huge scars covering his back and arms.
"El.." I unconsciously mutter, following him into the bathroom. They turn around, surprised that I followed it. They have bandages covering their.. female parts.
"What happened?!" They look at me confused. I gesture to the scars. Elias hesitates for a moment but then makes the gesture for "I'll explain later." I nod and leave the room.

His sister, who is now sitting on my bed looks at me.
"You saw it huh.. I think they're the reason he's still with us.. I'll let it explain." I nod and sit down next to her.
"How old are you?" Eri looks up at me with a proud face.
"I just turned ten." She looks rather proud of her age, I'm wondering why she's with the league anyway. I know neither of them are actually the bosses children, both probably had something happen to them to end up with the league.

I hear the shower running in the bathroom.
"That's going to take a while. Elias always takes long showers." I nod, already aware of this fact. He had showered at my place before, usually during a sleepover or when we were hanging out after he just killed someone, or got into a fight.
"Do you know why Elias doesn't talk." Eri asks me after a long (awkward) silence. Now that I think of it, no I don't. I was only told about the fact that he couldn't talk. Nothing more.
"No." I mutter. I'm still thinking about the scars lining a major part of its body. It's thin, pale body. I feel heat rise into my cheeks as I keep thinking of it.

"Hellooooo are you listening?" I feel something hit the back of my head, which snaps me out of my thoughts.
I look down at the girl and see she's holding one of my notebooks.
"Ow. And now I'm listening." Eri gives me a judgy frown.
"Do you have any food?" I think for a moment. Elias will probably be in smthe shower for another while.
"We have chicken nuggets.." I mutter. With that answer Eri stands up and runs downstairs.
"Hey! Wait up." Why does everyone in their family run so fucking fast?
Eri stops for a second and looks back annoyed.
"You're slow!" She yells.
"No you people are just ridiculously fast." I tell her. She frowns again.
"What does ridiculously mean?" I crack a smile.
"Nothing important." I tell her. She easily shruggs it off and I lead her to the kitchen.

After giving her my brother's chicken nuggets we go back to my room and wait for Elias to come out of the shower.