Part 5

I go back into town and the first person I see, is Kirishima.
"Midoriya!" He walks towards me. "Are you ok?" He asks. I nod and look away. I don't wanna talk to him.
"I'm fine. I was just taking a walk." I mutter. "Are you sure? Please tell me you didn't go to that Dabi dude." I think Kirishima noticed me hesitating because he sighs and grabs my shoulder.
"Let go off him." I hear Dabi say from behind me. Kirishima surprisingly listens to him and I turn around to face Dabi.
"We have to go." He just states and hands me my backpack. "Why?" I ask cautiously. He whispers something in my ear.
"Your mom's already looking for you. She's hanging up missing posters. I saw her walking by." I feel the blood drainging from my face as he shows me on of the posters.
"Shit." I mutter, I turn back to Kirishima and tell him that we're indeed leaving. "Where are you going??" He asks glancing at Dabi every once in a while.
"I don't know yet, we'll see." I tell him as I turn back to Dabi and follow him.

"Why did you come get me? It doesn't seem like you care much about me most of the time." I ask Dabi after some time walking. He'd ordered me to put on a mask and a beany to cover my hair and face.
"Because, you're a good kid. You can have a great future if you really want it. Everything could go your way, if you're willing to fight for it." He tells me. I let it sink in for some time, I think I know what he means. He never denied being a villain. But he also never confirmed it. I think most people would call him a villain, I think I should call him a villain. But he saved me, so I won't.
"Can you help me with that?" I ask. He smiles and nods. "Sure." I crack a smile and we keep walking in silence for a while.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. He shrugs. "Probably some motel for the time being, I usually don't stay in the same place for too long seeing people will come looking for me."
"Have you killed people?.." The question has been bothering me for a while. I quietly hope the answer is no.
"I have. But in my defense, they all deserved it." Oh great. I'm walking around with a murderer. "Before you say anything. I'm not going to hurt you. Unless you do something so stupid to get me in trouble. Just know I don't hurt people without a good reason to hurt them. Unless they're heroes." I nod, quietly. And we go back to silently walking, until we arrive at a very cheap looking motel.

"This will do." Dabi says as he leads me inside. The person behind the counter looks up at Dabi, then at me and I feel like she's repressing the erge to ask me if I'm ok.
"Two rooms please. One for my.. Brother and one for me." Dabi tells her and she nods, she's still giving me that very concerned look as she hands him two keys.
"Thanks sweetheart." He says as he leads me into the hallway.
"She was looking at me weird." I state.
"She was concerned, probably cuz I hesitated on what to call you." I just then realized that he called me his brother.
"You could've called me your friend." I stated. "Most younger kids aren't friends with 20 year olds." He tells me, that's fair.
'Alright.. That's fair I guess." He hands me one of the keys and goes into his own room. When I enter,mine I immediately throw down my bag and fall into the bed. It wasn't the most comfortable but it was okay for the time being. I hear a knock on my door and when I open it, it's Dabi.
"what's u-" before I can finish, my sentence I notice one of his staples got loose.
"I'm out of staples." he tells me. "can you go get new ones?" he continues. I nod silently. He comes into the room.
"I can go get some right now." I tell him. "It might take a while for me to get back..cut you just make sure to keep yourself from bleeding out 'till I'm back.." he nods and I quickly leave the motel to find my way to the hospital.

When I arrive at the hospital after half an hour of walking I put on my mask and beany again, hoping no one inside would recognise me.
I walk up to the register and ask for surgical staples.
"I'm sorry, we don't sell those, if you need them you can make an appointment with your doctor so they can be placed by a profe-" I walk away before she can finish her sentence. I know where they keep the staples. So I just go there, take a box, stuff it in my pocket and walk away again. It's a miracle no one saw me. I think to myself, until I hear footsteps behind me and someone grabs my shoulder.

"Hand over the box, thief." The doctor tells me. "What box?" I ask innocently. The man looked me up and down, I recognized him from the few times I'd been there.
"You know. Hand it over!" He tells me again. Jeez, no need to yell. "I have no idea what you're talking about!" I yell back. I start fake tearing up, in reality it's sweat that's building up under my mask that's making me tear up.
"I just went to see my grandfather! I'm on my way out!" I lie. The doctor immediately gives me a guilty look and lets go off of me. I take a few stepsback seeing he'd gotten uncomfortably close.
"Can.. Can I go home now?.." I ask making my body shake in "fear"
"Of course- My apologies sir." The man starts stammering as I walk out.

That was a close one.