Chapter 6

Micah's POV

I know my mom has a soft hurt so anything dad does that is wrong hurts her easily and I hate seeing her hurt.

"Morning dad," I acknowledge him as he walks into the kitchen the next morning.

"Morning Micah." He walks to me and ruffles my hair.

"Daddy you weren't here for dinner last night." Kalia says as she holds Killian's hand .

"I'm sorry baby girl, I got stuck at work I promise it won't happen again." He kneels down to her level and kisses her cheek then picks Killian up.

"Kaiden, take that bunny out of my kitchen." Mom says making Kaiden huff and he picks the rabbit up and walks out.

"Why aren't you all in your uniforms?" Dad asks while kissing mom's cheek.

"If you were involved in our lives like you used to be you'd know today is some kind of holiday." Kailyn scoffs as she moves out of the kitchen clearly angry at dad .

"Kailyn!" Mom snaps probably at her rudeness.

"She is right dad, you've been acting like we don't matter to you lately and that hurts a lot ." I add on and he runs his hand that isn't holding Killian through his hair.

"I'm sorry Micah you need to understand that I had work." He says and I just roll my eyes at him walking out to the backyard. Pup comes running to me so I rub behind his ear then walk to the basketball court where I find Kailyn and Kaiden on the swings dad installed for them in the backyard.

"I feel like dad doesn't love us anymore." Kaiden says and Kailyn nods her head yes.

"I get you bro, it's like we vanished." She says as she swings lightly.

"Don't say that guys ,dad has been busy, I guess." I tell them both and they huff.

"He used to put me and Kalia to bed every night but now, he doesn't even come to my room anymore." Kailyn says and I sigh loudly because she is right.

"Maybe he got another family,my friend told me that his dad started getting home late and they found out he had another family." Kaiden says and my eyes shoot up at him.

"Don't say that Junior,dad can't have another family he loves mom, I think, Micah what's love?" Kailyn asks .

"You'll know it when you grow up."

"Do you love someone?" She asks again and my mind travels to the chocolate beauty that I spend most of my free time thinking about. The time we met at the party, I found out her name was Eileen but she hasn't told me where her accent is from but I love it, when she is speaking to me ,I find it difficult to focus on what she is saying and instead focus on her accent and lips moving .
"Dude you alright?" Kaiden taps my shoulder and I look at them. They both have goofy smiles on their faces .

"What?!"

"Oh nothing." Kailyn says and I roll my eyes.

"Micah!" Kalia shouts for me making Kaiden groan.

"She is loud just like mom." He says .

"I'm not loud." Kalia approaches us.

"What's up?" I turn to look at her.

"Mom says you should come for breakfast and she doesn't want to hear anyone say they don't want to eat." She says with a lot of sass and walks away.

"I was almost saying I don't want breakfast." Kaiden says as they get down from the swings.

"One day I'll beat that sass off her." Kailyn says as we get back to the house.

Mom serves our plates and we all begin to eat. Everyone is quiet and I'm guessing it's because of dad.