Chapter 25

Malia's POV

"What are we watching?" Chad asks as he takes a seat next to Felix. We decided to watch the movie from the living room .

"365 days?" Albie asks and I roll my eyes. This girl is obsessed with that movie.

"No we want a movie that hasn't been watched a thousand time." Charlotte says making Albie huff. Albie is snuggled up in Ryan's chest. Charlotte is leaning her head on Ross' shoulder while Natalie and Mark are on the couch next to us with their own little blanket covering them. Devon is on the other side of the living room.

"Okay then, which movie?" Chad asks again.

"What about You?" Felix says as he scrolls through the shows showing.

"Let's just watch that." Natalie says and we all agree. I look at where Devon is and find that he is already looking at me. He smiles at me and I return the smile.

Ross dims the lights and I snuggle in Kai's broad chest as a small soft blanket is draped over us.
"Mama." I hear Kaiden's voice and that makes all of us turn to look at him. I get up immediately and walk over to him and he looks like he has been crying.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" I ask him as I dry his tears.

"What's wrong with him?" Kai asks as he walks to where we are.

"I don't know." I tell him and he picks him up and we head upstairs back to his room.
Kai sets him on the couch in his room as he sits on the bed and I sit next to Kaiden.

I pull him to my chest and dry his tears then run my hand up and down his back.
"What's wrong baby?" I cup his cheeks and look at him.

"I had a bad dream." He sniffles.

"What was it about buddy?" Kai asks .

"A bad man was killing mama." He says sadly and my heart breaks. I hug him and push his wild hair away from his face.

"I'm fine Junior, I'm right here and nothing is going to happen to me okay?"

"Okay." He says and I look at Kai who is looking at Kaiden worriedly.

"Mama is fine buddy no need to worry." Kai says as he walks to the couch and lifts him getting him into his bed. I walk to his bed and lay down with him.

"You can go, I'll stay with him till he falls asleep." I tell Kai who nods his head then kisses Kaiden's head and he walks out of the room.

"Want me to go?" I ask him as I play with his hair.

"No, I want you to stay with me." He says softly and I pull his duvet over him.

"Okay, I'll always be here baby, nothing will happen to me I promise, and the bad guy is gone." I kiss his cheek and he smiles. "You haven't told me what you want for you and Kalia's birthday."  I change the subject.

"I want cake and food." He shrugs. He is always so simple.

"Kalia suggested a picnic for us as a family but before that a party."

"I'm okay with the picnic I don't know about the party mama, I hate parties."

"I know baby, but this is your birthday, your turning twelve, the last year before you become a teenager and you know I love going all out for you guys."

"I know." He says and his eyes begin to show that he is falling asleep. I rub his back soothingly and he later falls asleep. I slip out of his bed slowly and switch off his light. I check on the kids and lastly Killian. I cover him well and turn to walk out but I'm startled by a body leaning at the door. Devon.