Chapter 33

Kai's POV

"They don't have any evidence on you so it's going to be easy to get you out." Leonard , my lawyer tells me.

"They found me with my gun."

"It's registered,you've got a license."

"Okay then, when am I getting out of this place?"

"In about two weeks."

"Two weeks?! You've got to be fucking kidding me, I can't be here for all that time, I need to be back with my wife."

"I understand sir, but this is going to take a while, I need to convince the judge that there is no trial needed." He says and I run my hands over my face.
I told Malia it'll take four days for me to be out of here but now I'm hearing two weeks, two whole weeks away from my family.

"Alright do what you gotta do and make these cops leave our backs."

"Okay sir." He replies then walks out.
Malia is going to be more sad when she finds out I'm going to be in here for two weeks. At least I know I'm not going to prison where I have to wear the damn orange suit. All I have to do is to get these officers off my back.

"Good morning boss." Vanni walks in holding bags probably food for me. He hands me the bags .

"How is she and the kids?" I ask him as he takes a seat next to me.

"She isn't okay, the kids wanted to come see you but she convinced them to go to school so they'll probably be here in the afternoon."

"Are there any suspicious activities going on?"

"The Russians think you're going to be sentenced so they are sending their forces out but we have them handled." He explains.

"I need more security for the kids and my wife, I want you to follow them wherever they go , I need you and Ben to put your trusted men on them."

"Sure thing boss."

He explains everything to me about the work and later that evening, Ben comes with Malia as Vanni goes to pick the kids from school. I don't want them to see me in here but then again, they need to know where their dad is.

"Babe." My baby's voice fills the jail cell as she walks to me. I meet her half way and embrace her into a hug. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me.

"How are you?" She asks while pulling away and looks at my face, hands, arms and she also unbuttons my shirt.

"I'm fine baby, what are you doing?" I ask her as she takes my shirt off and begins to look at my body as if searching for something.

"Did they hurt you?" She asks.

"No they didn't and who would hurt me?, I'm okay baby, if you're looking for any torture signs , I don't have them, I'm fine." I tell her and she sighs as she traces the ridges on my stomach, now she is turning me on.

"I don't want them to hurt you at all."

"They won't I promise."

"I miss you." She says while looking up at me and I can tell her eyes are glossy.

"I miss you too baby." I pull her to me and she rests her face in my chest. I inhale her scent.
"How are you feeling? Is the baby giving you a hard time?" I ask her knowing the first months of her pregnancy are always hell for her .

"I felt sick when I woke up in the morning, I had Graciela help me get the kids ready for school." She mumbles in my chest.

"I wish I can be there for you baby, I just need to sort this out okay?" I tell her and she nods her yes.

"I haven't told the kids that I'm pregnant yet." She says while looking up at me. I kiss her lips and she kisses back.

"We'll tell them when I'm out of this place."

"Okay, they also wanted to see you."

"That's okay, Ben has gone to pick them up." I tell her as I help her take a seat and I do too.

"Alright, did you eat?"

"I did, Vanni brought something for me."

"Are you sure?" She asks looking at me worriedly.

"Baby...." I cup her face and peck her lips twice. "I did, I promise, you don't have to worry about me ."

"I always worry about you, I'm your wife."

"And that's why I love you."

"I love you too." She kisses me and I kiss back. I love her.

"Daddy!" I hear Kailyn's voice and I pull away from Malia. I look up and the kids are all walking into the cell with Vanni and Ben following behind. I know I should be feeling bad that my children are seeing me behind bars, not literally, but I also want them to know what is going on .

"Hey princess." I get up and lift her up then kiss her cheek.

"I missed you daddy." She puts her small hands around my neck.

"Daddy, why are you here?" Kalia asks as I put Kailyn down and kneel down to reach their level.

"Someone is jealous of daddy so they want me to be in jail but that's not happening since your daddy is strong." I explain as I kiss Kaiden and Kalia's cheek then get up and take Killian from Micah's hands.

"You promise?" Kaiden asks.

"I promise buddy." I tell him and he walks to Malia.
"How are you doing Micah?"

"I'm okay dad, I know there is something I can do, let me help." He says then whispers the last sentence.

"We'll talk later ." I tell him and he nods his head.
"How was back to school?"

"It was alright, everything is the same, can't wait to get done and graduate." Micah says.

"I'm so proud of you son, I know your already being accepted to the universities you want." I tell him snd he nods his head. I know Micah has always wanted to join the mafia but I can't let him, not right now because I know Malia won't be happy about it.

"Thanks dad." He replies as we all sit down and the kids begin to tell me about school.

.
A/N
Hey y'all, I hope you enjoyed it.