Chapter 37

Kai's POV

"How is she?" I ask Kane and dad. They came earlier and begun the process to take me out of this place.

"She isn't fine, she isn't her normal self, your in prison , what do you think?" Kane says and I sigh loudly.

"I think we are set to leave this place." Dad says as we get up and leave the precinct .
We get out and head to the cars waiting for us. I tell Vanni to follow behind dad's security detail. I know I'm very much security conscious but dad is beyond all of us. He always has either five or six car with security in them.

"I can't wait to see her face." I tell Kane while thinking of my wife. I can't wait to be back in her arms . I'm going to make up for the time I've been away from her and the kids too.

We get home and find Ben and other men around, they welcome me as we get into the house. We find the house quiet. I walk upstairs and check our bedroom and find it empty. Heading back downstairs, I find dad and Kane in the kitchen.

"There is a note on the fridge saying Marie and Malia left for icecream with Killian." Dad says while getting water out of the fridge.

"How come all the men are around?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Maybe they didn't want to go with security, I know Marie hates it when I put men on her to follow her, so i think they will be back besides, I think the icecream place isn't far from here." Kane says.

"Your right, Malia too hates all the security I put on her." I reply.

I walk back to our bedroom and notice it smells like me which means Malia has been spraying my cologne all over it. She does that when I'm away and she misses me. I get into the bathroom and take a long deserved shower and get into some clean fresh clothes.

"Where is my son?" I hear mom's voice in the hallway.

"In here mom." I reply and the door to our bedroom opens . "Mom, I could be naked." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"Boy, I've seen everything you have, I pushed you out of me." She says and pulls me into a hug.
"I missed you boy." She tells me and I hug her back.

"I missed you too mom."

"Your wife is worried about you, I guess she needed to breathe and went out with Marie." Mom says and I nod my head.

"I saw the note in the fridge." I tell her .

"Have you been alright?" She asks while looking all over my body. She is like my wife. I miss my baby.

"I've been alright mom, I'm now back so I'm very okay."

"I just worry about my boys." She says .

"I know mom."

"Go surprise my grand babies by picking them from school, they'll be so happy, Kalia and Kailyn were telling me this morning how they miss you." She explains and I nod my head.

"I was planning on going to pick them up." I tell her . We get downstairs and mom begins to make food but I have this feeling that something isn't right. I call Malia's phone and it's switched off, her phone is never off.

"Kane, can you call Marie and ask them where they are?" I tell him and he nods his head and pulls out his phone.

"It's going straight to voice mail." He says .

"Boss." Ben walks into the house .
"Malia called me earlier but she wasn't speaking." He says .

"When was this?" Dad asks him.