Chapter 9

Malia's POV

I want to forget whatever I've seen in the media. I want to believe it's all false but it doesn't look false to me. I want to run into his arms and he holds me like he used to . I want our love back like it used to be but I don't want to look at him right now. I don't want him to touch me.

"Thank you Graciela,I'll make the dessert, you can leave now." I tell her as we make dinner in the kitchen.

"You're sure?"

"I am, thank you for everything."

"Okay, take care mija." She pecks my cheek then picks her bag up and leaves.

"Ma-ma." Killian says and I look at him. He is seated on the ground playing with the rabbit.

"You want some water?" I ask him and he just gives me a toothy grin. "I guess I'll give you some water."
I get his plastic cup out and pour some water for him.

The door opens and Kaiden comes running to the kitchen with Kailyn. "Hey my babies."

"I'm hungry mama, can I have a snack?" Kaiden says while looking behind me.

"You can have one only, I'm making the last bits of dinner." I tell him and he nods his head then walking away.

"Mama!" Kalia comes running to the kitchen with Kai following behind.

"How was school?" I ask her while pecking her cheek.

"It was fine." She shrugs picking Killian off the ground. I look at Kailyn and she is seated at the kitchen counter looking into space.

"Lyn, you okay?" I walk to her.

"I don't know mama." She replies but I can tell she is sad and I know why.

"Go take a shower or bath then you can have dinner okay?" I tell her and she nods her head then walks towards the hallway.

"I'll be in the living room with Killian." Kaiden says as he walks out holding killian's hand with Kalia following her.

"Hey baby." Kai says.

"Hey." I reply flatly and hear him sigh loudly. I know I'm being mean to him but he can't blame me.

"You need help?"

"No, I've got it ." I check the cake in the oven. I turn to look at him and he looks stressed and sad. He looks back at me so I look away and finish up with dinner. I hear him walk away from the kitchen.

When dinner is ready, I arrange the dining table and put the food out. Micah comes back from practice and he just walks past Kai straight to his room. I call the kids and Kai serves their plates as I walk to Micah's room.

"Micah , you need to come for dinner." I tell him outside his door since he has locked it.

"I'm not hungry mom." I hear him say from the other end .

"Please come eat baby, for me at least." I plead with him. I know he doesn't want to look at Kai but he is still his dad no matter what. The door flies open and Micah steps out.

"I just...I just don't want to see him."

"I understand Micah but he is your dad, you need to face him and talk to him." I rub his cheek and he nods his head yes.

We head to the dining table and find the kids already eating. I serve Micah's plate and we begin to eat silently with Killian's baby noises .

"I'm so sorry kids." Kai says after a long time of silence. "I'm sorry for what I've done for the past few months, I'm sorry for not being there for you. Micah I'm sorry for missing your game." He says .