Chapter 44

Malia's POV

"Do you think there is someone else on this island apart from Ben and the rest of the security?" I ask Kai as we sit down by the beach on a small blanket as I lay my head on Kai's laps while looking up at the dark sky with all the beautiful stars.

"Ofcourse not, why would you ask that?" He asks me and I sigh.

"Nothing, I thought I heard something earlier today when you had gone to get donuts for me."

"It was probably the security we have, don't worry about it." He tells me while tracing my baby hairs.

We remain silent and just listen to the water waves and crickets. Our silence reminds me of one of the things I love about this man, when we have nothing to say, we always stay quiet and just drift off to our own thoughts or that's what I think since I always feel Kai's stare on me the whole time.

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" Kai asks and I look up at him.

"Did you just quote John Legend?" I ask him .

"Who is that?" He asks looking confused. I sit up and look at him trying to see if he is going to laugh and say he is bluffing but he doesn't.

"Oh you're serious?"

"Serious about what?" He frowns.

"You don't know John Legend?" I ask him.

"Am I supposed to know him? Who is he? Your ex or something?" He asks making me burst out into laughter.

"Oh, I wish he was." I reply as I stop laughing.

"So who is he?"

"He is an artist, musician and you just quoted a line from one of his songs."

"Really? I had no idea ."

"Ofcourse you didn't."

"And what did you mean by 'you wish he was'?" He asks me.

"You really want me to answer that?"

"Probably not, so what were you thinking about?"

"Nothing major, I'm tired." I yawn loudly and Kai looks at me making me roll my eyes.

"Come on, let's go to bed." He gets up and holds his hand out for me which I take as he helps me up.

"I want more donuts, the ones covered in chocolate." I tell him as we head to the bedroom.

"But you just ate."

"So?" I look at him and he shakes his head.

"Fine, I'll be back in a minute." He says then goes back to the kitchen. I change into my sleeping attire which consists of Kai's huge sweater shirt only.
Kai comes back with a box and places it on the bed . I get on the bed and begin to devour the sweet treats.

"I think I'm going to run out of what to wear." Kai says as he gets into the bed next to me.

"You have money, you can always buy more, besides, your clothes are huge and comfortable and they smell nice."

"Good to know so can I have one?" He asks and I look at him.

"But they are mine."

"I just want one." He says while extending his hand to get one from the box but I pull it away making him chuckle.

"Go get your own, these are mine and the baby."

"But he is my baby too." He says .

"Are you carrying him or her?"

"No?"

"Okay then, now you can go get your own, you have no idea how these cravings hit me hard in the middle of the night."

"Oh trust me I do, I'm always the one tending to those cravings." He says while pulling me closer to him.

"Good because if you didn't, you'd see my evil side."

"I think I've seen your 'evil side' many times."

"No this is different."

"Whatever you say." He says.

I get tired of eating the donuts then place them on the night stand and snuggle in Kai's chest.
"Goodnight baby." Kai says while rubbing my stomach.

"Goodnight Kai." I reply and then drift off to sleep.

Waking up the next morning, I'm met with bright light from the sun peeking through the curtains. I check Kai's side of the bed and he isn't there. I feel like getting out of bed but I'm lazy so I remain in bed.

"I know you're awake." Kai says while entering the room with a tray full of different fruits and food.

"No shit." I reply as I sit up.

"Morning baby." He says while placing the tray on the bed then pecks my lips.

"Morning, what time is it?"

"It's about midday."

"Damn, I slept that much."

"You were tired and this little guy inside you has you getting up late." He says then takes the bedsheet off my body and his eyes roam my exposed thighs. He lifts my shirt up and kisses my stomach.
"Good morning little guy." He speaks to the baby making me smile.
Kai has always been good to our kids. He is a good dad at that and a good husband so I don't think I'll be separating from him anytime soon. I thought us being apart would help us but I don't think that is going to be possible since I tend to get extra clingy when I'm pregnant.

"That looks good." I tell him as he pushes the tray to me.

"And it tastes good too but not more than you." He says making me roll my eyes.

"I'm food now?" I ask playfully as I take a sip of the green tea.

"You are my food , if you know what I mean." He winks making me shake my head.

"What are we doing today?" I ask him while pouring chocolate syrup on the pancakes making Kai scrunch his face in disgust.

"I don't think I'll ever understand why you choose to use chocolate instead of honey." He says.

"Well, you know my craving for chocolate whenever I'm pregnant."

"I know that but I don't understand why, anyway to answer your question, we are going to a small town off this island then we'll see how that goes."

"I'm already excited, we finally get to walk around a town with people that don't know you."

"I understand, so eat up while I take a quick shower." He pecks my cheek the gets off the bed.

I eat up all the food then the kids call obviously arguing about something but my parents and Kai's parents are home with them so I'm sure they'll put them in check.

After the call, I take a quick shower and then get ready.

.