Chapter 18

Malia's POV

"I'm going to miss you grams." Kalia says while tearing up as she hugs my mom.

We are now at the airport ready to leave and go back home. Mom and dad had suggested we leave the kids with them but they have school and that's not debatable but I can understand where they are coming from since they rarely get to see them given the fact that we leave in another state unlike Faris and Ivan who stay in Massachusetts too.

"I know babygirl, but I'll see you soon, on your birthday maybe." Mom says as she kisses Kalia's head.

"Promise?"

"I promise, I can't miss any of your birthdays ever." Mom says as she smiles down at Kalia.

"Alright come give grams kisses and hugs all of you." Mom says motioning to the kids. They all hug and kiss her.

"Be safe son." Dad tells Kai as he pats his shoulder.

"I will." Kai replies as he holds Killian.

"Come here baby girl." Dad says and I walk to him.

"This isn't the last time I'm seeing you dad, don't make it seem like a goodbye." I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"I just want to wish my only daughter a safe journey now don't be dramatic." He says as he pulls me into a hug.

"You're the one being dramatic old man."

"I'm not old." He says and I roll my eyes.

After the goodbyes we get on Kai's plane and head back home.
We get home and the kids are exhausted so they go straight to their rooms and sleep. Graciela and Vanni help me with arranging their clothes and everything.

"I'm tired." I yawn as I put my head on Kai's chest as he rubs my arm.

"You work too much ." He says as he kisses my head.

"You know I always want things to be in order."

"I know that." He replies. We remain silent and I look up at him thinking he has fallen asleep by he is just looking at a random spot on the ceiling.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I ask him and he snaps out of whatever trance he was in and looks at me.

"Yeah everything is fine." He looks down at me but I'm not convinced. I turn fully and look at him.

"Kai, you know I hate it when you lie to me, you've been spacing out since that phone call you received so I'm going to ask you one time, is everything alright?" I ask him and he runs his hands through his hair.

"Everything is..."

"Yeah you already said everything is fine and I'm not a fool to believe that now what's going on?" I cut him off.

"It's the business something came up."

"The mafia business?"

"Yeah, but I don't want you to worry about it everything is fine." He pulls my hands and holds them in his.

"I just want to know if I can help in any way, you can tell me." I tell him but he looks hesitant to speak up. He sighs loudly and looks down and intertwines our fingers.

"Someone ratted us out to the cops so they are now looking for me." He says and I gasp.

"Who was it?"

"We don't know yet but we are now trying to get the cops on our side."

"Can I help ?"

"No baby, I don't want you involved in this you know that , my guys have it under control."