Chapter 20

Malia's POV

"He almost hit me Charlie." I tell Charlotte as we are on a FaceTime call. I've been on the the call with her since I left our room and I'm now in one of the guest rooms in the west wing of the house.

"Maybe he was just frustrated." She says .

"I don't want to think that he was going to get physical with me but he was almost hitting me."

"Girl I'm sorry, I wish I was there to slap some sense into him but maybe you should go back to your room and talk to him."

"I really don't want to be next to him right now."

"I get you, try getting some rest, y'all can talk it out tomorrow."

"I will, anyway, how are the kids?" I ask her and she begins to go on and on about her four children with Ross. They have three boys and one girl who is the last born .

We later end the call and I drift off to sleep.
Waking up the following morning, I find two bodies snuggled up in my neck and there is no doubt that it's my kids.
I look to my to my left and find Kailyn asleep with her mouth slightly open and Killian is on my right. I pull him in my arms and rub his back.

The door open revealing Kai holding a tray of food and my mouth waters by just staring at it.
"Killian woke up and started crying for you so I brought him to your room." He says lowly while placing the tray on the side of the night stand.

"And Kailyn?"

"Oh you know how she always wants to wake up with you so she came to our room and didn't find you so I brought her here too." He explains and I nod my head. Kailyn has always loved sleeping with me, I remember when she was just a baby, she used to cling onto me and making her sleep in her own bed was so hard that Kai used to lie to her sometimes that I'm not around and she would cry to sleep.

"Mama?" Kailyn says sleepily as she opens her eyes.

"Morning princess, you have to go down for breakfast." Kai says and she mumbles something then kisses my cheek.

"Morning mama."

"Morning, go do your hygiene and go for breakfast."

"You're not coming mama....oh your husband brought you breakfast in bed." She says as she looks at the tray and gets off bed making me shake my head. This child has a lot of words for a seven year old.

"Yes he did so you have to go take a bath then go down for breakfast."

"Or I can eat with you." She says and look at her.

"Come on, you have to go eat breakfast before your brothers finish the whole food." Kai tells her and she gasps then runs out of the room.

I look up at Kai as he takes a seat at the foot of the bed. Killian is still asleep so I put him on the side of the bed and sit up.

"Thanks for the food." I tell Kai as I get the tray of food and begin to eat.

"I'm sorry." He says and I look at him. "I'm really sorry baby, I'd never hit you , you're my wife and you know I can never hit you." He continues.

"But you almost did, Kai you were going to hit me."

"No baby, I was just frustrated and I lost it but I can never hit you." He says as he gets up and walks to where I am . He sits next to me.
"I'm really sorry."

"Why were you frustrated, what got you frustrated?"

"We got the guy or should I say guys who were behind whatever was going on, we have them now so everything is fine now." He says and I smile knowing I don't have to worry about him being in danger anymore.