Chapter 10

Micah's POV

I know dad loves our family and mom too and him talking to us about everything, made me realize he just made a mistake and mistakes are a part of us so it'd be dumb for me to keep being angry at him. As long as my mom is happy I am super happy because she deserves more than happiness. But I know mom being forgiving to dad is going to take a while but that's better than seeing her cry.

Good thing school is done for now I hate school,literally. Getting ready for bed, my phone goes off and it's Eileen. She never calls this late so I'm surprised she is calling me.

"Hey Leen." I receive the phone and I'm met with sniffs and soft gasps. "What's going on? You alright?" I panic .

"They....my parents...." she trails off .

"What has happened to your parents?" I ask her praying for the answer not to be a bad one. She sniffs and I begin to get some clothes on to go meet her. "I'm coming to your house Eileen is that okay?"

"Yeah." She whispers.

"Don't get off the line." I tell her and grab my car keys walking out of my room.
"Mom?" I knock at her door then open it. She is in her bed watching tv. She turns to look at me questioningly.

"Where are you going?" She asks looking up and down at me.

"I have to help a friend mom I'll be back ." I tell her and she nods her head understanding.

"Be careful and if anything happens call me." She says and I nod my head.

I head out to my car and set off knowing there is an SUV following behind. I've been to Eileen's home afew times so I know her house. Our friendships strengthened when I found out she isn't like these other girls at school who always look for my attention as well as the attention of my friends. She is different.

"You still there ?" I ask her through the phone.

"I am." She replies softly.

I get to her neighborhood and spot her house. I pack infront of it and head out. Knocking at the door, it swings open revealing Eileen with puffy eyes. I pull her into my embrace and she breaks down. I rub her back soothingly then look into the house. Things are thrown around the floor and the first thing that comes to my mind makes me angry.

"What happened?" I pull her from the hug and look down at her. "Eileen you gotta tell me what happened, did someone come onto you?" I ask worriedly.

"No." She shakes her head no and I sigh relieved.I walk into her house and look around it. I turn to look at her but her head is lowered to the ground while she plays with her fingers.

"Then why is the house like this?"

"My parents have been deported." She says with tears rolling down her face. "They took them back by force and I now have no one." She says with a shaky breath.

"Back to Uganda?" I ask her and she nods her head yes. "I'm sorry Leen." I tell her feeling sorry for her.

"I didn't know who to call, I just called you since you're my friend I couldn't call Trevor , I know you were probably asleep and I woke you up I'm sorry Micah." She says and I nod my head. I walk to her and cup her face. Her eyes are swollen and her lips too .

"You don't have to apologize, you had a right to call me I'm your friend after all and I wasn't asleep."

"Thank you for coming." She says lowly and I nod my head.

"What are you going to do? You have any relatives you're going to stay with? I can drive you there."

"It was just me ,my mom and dad, all my relatives are back in Uganda and if I didn't have the student's visa I'd be deported too." She explains and the thought of her leaving hits me more than it should.