Chapter 19

Kai's POV.

Watching my baby sleep peacefully is a sight I can never get tired of. Once I know she is fully asleep, I push her on her side slowly not to wake her up.
I get out of bed and put a shirt on and some shoes heading downstairs.

"Hey dad, where you going?" Micah's voice makes me turn to look at him. He is in the living room watching tv.

"I have some business to handle I'll be back later."

"Can I help?"

"No buddy it's alright, tell your mom not to worry you know how she gets." I tell him and he nods his head yes.

I get out of the house and find Vanni and Ben positioned next to the door.
"Did you find him?" I ask Vanni as we walk to the car where one of my men is already waiting on us.

"Not yet sir but we got one of the people he was communicating with, we think it's the Russians." Ben says as he opens the door for me but I hold it myself and we get in. I don't like them treating me like I'm some mighty person yet I'm just human like them as long they give me respect as their head, we are all good.

"Hlestakov?" I ask him and he nods his head as we head off. "I need to know who is giving our shit out, didn't we lose a shipment last week because of all this shit?"

"Yes boss but we are doing everything to find out who is behind all this." Vanni says and I turn my phone on. I call my baby's phone but she doesn't pick up meaning she is still asleep since I left her in bed.

I know she is going to be angry at me for leaving without telling her and it's already night time but I have to check on the business since I've been away almost all summer.
We get to the main warehouse and find some men already there.

"Good to see you boss." Quensi says as he walks up to us.

"You got something for me?"

"Yeah right this way." He says as he leads us further into the warehouse and heading down the basement.

"Thank you Quensi, you can leave."

"Your welcome boss, I must warn you though, he is a stubborn one." He says as he walks away.

Ben, Vanni and I get in and find the man looking down at the floor since his hands are tied above his head. The sound of the door closing prompts him to look up and I can see that the men did a number on him.

"ах, так что ты босс, я полагаю" The man says while smirking as we get in.
(Ah, so you're the boss I presume.)

"Ты работаешь на Хлестакова." I ask him and he huffs.
(Are you working for Hlestakov?)

"Я не знаю кто это." He lies.
(I don't know who that is)

"О правда сейчас?" I ask him as I walk to the table that holds all the tools we use to make them talk.
(Oh really now?)

"Я его не знаю, но сексуальная жена у тебя, должен сказать, ты знаешь, как их выбирать."He says and that's when I flip, the moment he mentions my wife I turn to look at him while holding one of the knives on the table.
(I don't know him, but sexy wife you got, I must say, you do know how to choose them.)

"Vanni, Ben, I'll meet you outside." I tell both of them and they don't question me but rather just move out. I walk to the guy and stand infront of him.

"Итак, вы собираетесь сказать мне, на кого вы сейчас работаете, и еще раз упомянуть мою семью, это будет вашим последним вздохом." I threaten him and he tenses up but masks it with a low chuckle.
(So you're going to tell me who you work for right now and mention my family one more time, that will be your last breath.)